17 Sep 19, 08:54 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Food] Post your favorite crustacean recipe  (Read 50 times)

Lirilei

[Food] Post your favorite crustacean recipe
« on: July 20, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »
Mine is crab salad (though I use imitation crab for mine) based off a recipe from a BBQ place my husband worked at when we lived in Florida. I loved it so much and then I got pregnant. The ladies there when they knew I was coming in would make a pregnancy safe version of it for me to have with my order and send the rest home with me or him.

Imitation Crab Salad
Ingredients to feed 4
1 package of imitation crab meat (you can use an alternate meat, though I suggest cooking certain ones before hand to avoid any food born illnesses, and then chilling it!)
ranch dressing
honey mustard
shredded cheese (your choice of cheese type. I usually use cheddar or colby-jack since it's most used in my house)
salt
pepper

Optional:
Diced raw onion
diced celery
(I've had it with the extras and don't care for it as I don't like raw onion. My husband does however)
Crackers (if you want to use it as a spread, otherwise bread if you want a sandwich, or just do like we do and grab a fork and eat it from a bowl)

To make:
You take the meat from the package and tear it into smaller pieces so it's almost shredded (or do this with your pre-cooked and chilled meat)
Add salt & pepper as desired
Add in desired amount of shredded cheese
Add ranch & honey mustard and mix. Do this until it's your desired consistency.

Then you can either eat it as is, on bread, crackers, or as a dip with chips.

(Feel free to piggy back on this post/thread for the scavenger hunt if you don't want to make your own!)

Most Recent Kin

Moxxiie

Re: [Food] Post your favorite crustacean recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 09:35:09 PM »
Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
*made with imitation crab

Ingredients:

1 package cream cheese, sliced into slivers
1 package of nori seaweed sheets
1 package imitation crab meat
1 cucumber, peeled, julienned
1 cup uncooked sushi rice
2 cups water
2 ttablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt

1. Rinse rice and cook according to directions on stove or in rice cooker.
If cooking on the stove, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar and salt. Allow to cool completely.
If cooking in cooker, add rice vinegar and salt after timer has ended and allow to cool.

2. Prepare cucumber, cream cheese and crab meat slices. Try to keep pieces about the same length.

3. Layout nori on flat surface. Moisten hands with water. Layer cooled rice in a thin layer over 3/4 of the nori, leaving about a 1/2 inch edge along one side (width).

4. Arrange strips of cucumber, imitation crabmeat, and cream cheese about 1/2 inch from edge opposite the empty gap. Roll the sushi from the toppings to the exposed end of the the seaweed sheet. Moisten finger and run along the edge to seal the nori.

5. Cut with a sharp wet knife into 1 inch sections.

Add your favorite sauce for dipping. Soy sauce or spicy mayo are my favorites.

Eevee

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 01:24:50 AM »
Popcorn Shrimp

Ingredients:
1 quart of vegetable oil for frying
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of dry bread crumbs
1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
24 uncooked, medium shrimp, all peeled and deveined

Recipe:
1. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place flour in a bowl. Whisk egg and milk in another bowl. Combine bread crumbs, salt, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder in a third bowl.
3. Gently press the shrimp into flour to coat and shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture and press into bread crumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the breaded shrimp onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack them.
4. Deep fry breaded shrimp in preheated oil until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a paper towel-lined platter to drain.
5. Enjoy!

Scaramouche Fandango

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:23:20 AM »
I don't eat or cook with crustacean myself, but my bestie just loves 'em.

Lobster Dinner for Best Friend Tegu

Ingredients:
one small lobster tail
six PEI mussels
one fresh mango
one best friend (who is a tegu)

Directions:
go to the grocery store and buy EXACTLY six mussels
explain to grocery store fishmonger who's very confused why you only want six mussels that this is going to be a special dinner for your lizard
cut up the mango and soak the lobster in the juices
arrange chopped mango, whole mussels in their shells, and lobster on plate
let best friend go hog wild