17 Sep 19, 08:32 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Animals] Your favorite ocean life!  (Read 70 times)

Gl!tch~

[Animals] Your favorite ocean life!
« on: July 28, 2019, 07:00:38 PM »
In the spirit of the summer event, let's share some of our favorite living things from the ocean! This can include fauna as well as flora. Feel free to include a pic and any fun facts you might know.

I'll start with cuttlefish! Not only are they cute, but they're super intelligent! There have been studies where cuttlefish have responded to seeing recorded cuttlefish on TV monitors, showing a high awareness of the world around them

SilverShieldwolf

Re: [Animals] Your favorite ocean life!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:03:43 AM »
I would have to say orca's are one of my top favorite from the ocean. For me it is just watching how they swim and react with each other.
They can live up to 80 years old.
Whalers call the orca the “killer of whales.” It preys on sperm, gray, fin, humpback, and other whales.

Corn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
mantis shrimp mantis shrimp mantis shrimp they're extremely colorful and ALSO extremely badass!! Lobsters too bc they're heckin immortal

lolternative

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 04:27:48 AM »
Idk if it counts but coral!!
Such an amazing part of the ocean that we're so at risk of losing. :(

Kinu

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 12:56:14 AM »
Pufferfish. I adore them. They are sea puppies. <3

MeloMoogle

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 10:03:49 PM »
I'm absolutely in love with sea cucumbers! I've had a fascination with them since I was little and used to see them in the aquarium touch pools. :)

Edit: herp derp forgot the picture

Oh look, a signature!

Scaramouche Fandango

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 04:24:01 AM »
There's VERY few marine animals I don't like, but some of my faves are octopuses.

This particular individual is the Shedd Aquarium's male Giant Pacific Octopus, Bowie. This was taken at a nighttime event so he's super active- look how bright he is!