[PRP] Sharing Thoughts on Fear and Loss (Shadowed Moon & Abandons Fear)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
SerinaNight
Pebbles: 203.32 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1773

Post by SerinaNight »

Image Image

Once again Shadowed Moon found himself wandering, partially in an attempt to help himself think, and partially to spare his herd another moment of Sunrise's calls. The bird, along with several of its fellows, had been lurking in the trees around the Obelisk through which the buck had returned to The Swamp. Though they had been quite a surprise as he didn't originally notice them in his joy at returning and the sudden sounds and noises they'd made when he began to walk away had nearly scared him out of this skin. For a moment he'd thought he hadn't actually made it out of the Obelisk, and even once he saw the birds he still wasn't sure he'd made it out (after all, birds aren't supposed to be able to make those kinds of sounds) but after he stared around at them and nothing else strange and unusual started to occur the buck breathed a sigh of relief and began his way back to his herd's Resting Place. The bird's had began to get louder and more frantic when he ignored them but that wasn't exactly uncommon for bird's, so being quite done with strange and unusual he continued to ignore it. It wasn't until one of the bird's took flight and decided to dive at his head the buck was forced to pay attention to them again as he ducked his head and just barely avoiding the bird's body, it's tail feathers brushing over his head. Dodging a few more times as the bird continued to dive at him the buck was so surprised when it screamed "HEY!" that he stopped and stared at it, quickly finding himself with a face full of bird. Leaning backward in shock as the bird's wings wrapped around the top of his head, blocking his eyes and it's small claws rested on his nose scales the buck started to try to shake it off before he noticed the bird was simply... holding onto his head. Pausing for a moment the buck looked up and saw the bird staring into his face, blocking his vision so all he could do was look at it as it bobbed its head back and forth.

After a few moments of staring at each other, the bird bobbing in front of his eyes ever time he tried to look away, the buck wasn't sure if he'd have to take drastic measures when the bird suddenly leaned in, staring into his eyes. After a few moments, it hopped up onto his horns, nestled in and whistled. Confused and rather worn out emotionally from everything that was going on, the buck decided he wasn't going to worry about it and just started heading home. The bird seemed content with this and the two returned together, in fact, it took quite some time before the bird would leave his side. It only seemed to leave when he was asleep, and the moment he awake or tried to leave, it would swoop in and stick itself to his side (or head, or back) and refuse to leave. Eventually it would roam when he sat or rested, and after a while it began to explore itself once it realized he wasn't going to vanish. Once or twice when he'd gone on a night walk while the bird was asleep he'd found himself with a face full of screaming bird and another few days of it sticking to him before it got comfortable again, before it seemed to realize he wasn't just going to vanish into the winds. As of now, the bird seemed more comfortable with the two of them doing as they willed (especially after he'd given it a name), though it was still surprisingly attached to him, and he still found himself with a face full of bird now and again if he left without it. While no one in his herd seemed to know anything about Sunrise, they all had gotten to experience was the bird's ability to speak and create sounds just like a kin. Some of them hadn't believed him at first until the bird did it in front of them. While that in and of itself wasn't the worst thing, Sunrise seemed to enjoy the attention it got when making said noises, and would randomly break out into hours of screaming. This was one of those times, and as such Shadowed Moon had decided to spare his tribe of such things, as this time the bird was screaming for help, and making loud groaning noises. Right now Sunrise was sitting between the buck's antlers going "Help! Help! ...help!" and groaning before doing it all over again, only pausing to make happy little chirps and nuzzling the buck's head. "Yes, yes, I know. Hello to you too..." Shadowed Moon said with a sigh and he stepped over a tree root, looking down at his hooves absentmindedly.
seru_ame wrote:
word count: 852
seru_ame
Pebbles: 2,326.64 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2919

Post by seru_ame »

Where had time gone? Heavy hooves carried the massive Totoma through the swamp with surprising grace. His time on the Cres had given him some grace he had not, in nearly half a decade, mastered, with the way the ground shifted and sucked. Abandons Fear was unsure of his heading, listlessly meandering about. While he could go back to "his" herd, Abandon didn't feel quite... right. Or ready to answer their questions- he'd been gone so very long, and he was- certainly in a questionable state, his belly slightly swollen. He didn't let his mind linger long on that, though- the hush of feathers and scales slid over his back plates, and he lifted his head to peer back. He nosed against the broad snout, and huffed at the feathered serpent, stilled, and let it drop off his back. Well, if it wanted to move of its own volition, so be it. Perhaps he would hunt, and share some of the meal with Abandon.

Help! Help! ... help!

The call made Abandon flinch, and he grimaced in annoyance. He almost turned away, but something was- odd. The loathsome groan, then- cheerful chirping. He cast a look to the unconcerned feathered serpent next to him, its thick tongue slowly slipping out and flicking gently. It then turned, and began to move towards the source of the sound. Rather than try to dissuade the beast, Abandon sighed, and simply trotted after the slithering beast.

The beast stopped in a thick bush, coiling quietly against itself- hiding, despite its vibrant coloration. It was not terribly successful right then, and Abandon sighed softly. He frowned as his eyes landed on a buck- and a bird. The buck's voice did not sound like the help-crier. As the buck stepped over a root, Abandon grunted in greeting, and tipped his head, peered about. No- no others in the area.

Stranger and stranger still.
SerinaNight wrote:
word count: 323
SerinaNight

Post by SerinaNight »

The buck, having been walking rather absent-mindedly due to Sunrise's screams and his own thoughts, hadn't noticed any other creatures nearby until he heard a kin grunt next to him, which started Shadowed Moon so badly he stumbled over the root in front of him as he jumped in surprise. Trying to catch himself with a frantic bird now clutching his face, as his jump had dislodged his friend who promptly planted themselves right over his eyes, was a challenge but he managed it before he fell over. Steadying and untangling his legs a bit, the buck tilted his head up to attempt to look over at whomever was there, peaking past the feathers rustling back and forth before his eyes. A vibrant sky blue, and some flashes of blood-red were the most obvious features as otherwise the two were very dark. The... feathered snake? was a darker green that merged rather well into the bushes (if you ignored the rest of their colors) and the rather large Totoma was otherwise black save for their bone like markings. The buck was lucky he one of his herd mates was another massive kin or the Totoma's size would have startled him again. It was honestly only the second time he'd seen such a large kin, despite the few other Totoma he'd seen before. Nurtures Life himself was only so large due to his lineage, of which several large Totoma were a part of, or so the other buck had explained, but being a kimeti his size wasn't quite so... thick. The other buck, though taller then any Totoma could hope to be, still couldn't quite compare to the bulk of a Totoma, as their stocky and compressed form allowed for larger and thicker bodies. "Ah- um, yes-" However before he could respond the bird sprawled over his face decided to do so for him.

"ANGRY ANGRY!" Screamed the bird, before groaning and making some rapid, panicked chirps.

Sighing, the buck tried to coo at the bird a bit, breathing gently over the puffed feathers before his nose, something he had noticed the bird seemed to enjoy. "I know, you don't like being startled, it's alright... I think?" Shadowed Moon added suddenly. "At least I'm assuming so. Um, pleasure to meet you. I'm Shadowed Moon and this is Sunrise, my rather noisy companion." After another pause he added, "I hope we haven't bothered you, though if so I apologize, I understand Sunrise can be... quite loud."
seru_ame wrote:
word count: 431
seru_ame
Pebbles: 2,326.64 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2919

Post by seru_ame »

Abandons Fear had not meant to startle the buck so thoroughly. The shrieking bird, too, was not something that he had expected. His golden gaze trailed over the long feathers, bright yellow on purple, a stark contrast to the pale buck- larger than most of his kin, but not quite so built as Abandon himself. The massive serpent around his shoulders coiled loosely and then swayed some, as though intrigued by the screaming bird. Abandon carefully lifted his hoof, and hooked the leg over the snake to pull it down, coax it to coil aside and rest easily.

"No danger today from me," Abandon rumbled, voice deep as the mountain roots. He stared at the bird, and huffed softly. "I thought somebody needed aid," he remarked. His tail twitched, and he frowned. He'd been given both names so easily. Abandon huffed softly, supposing he ought to offer his own. With a soft sigh, he nodded, more to himself. "Abandons Fear. And he is Stormsinger."
SerinaNight wrote:
word count: 167
SerinaNight

Post by SerinaNight »

The buck shifted a bit, taking in the sight of the Totoma before him. Shadowed Moon always felt so thin and lanky next to Totoma, as while he was quite tall for a Kimeti, seeing their sheer bulk always made him feel extra wispy somehow. Though strangely enough Nurture's Life never made him feel that way, despite being as bulky as a Totoma but taller then most Kimeti. Odd. He'd have to ponder that at some point. Either way, the buck shook his head and steadied his feet, trying to remove that strange sensation of discomfort his limbs were experiencing. While he wasn't particularly muscular, he wasn't exactly thin by Kimeti standards, so there wasn't any reason to feel so uncomfortable. Especially since while perhaps a bit prickly, this new kin didn't exactly seem dangerous. He hoped anyway, but so far so good? The buck glanced at the Sunrise, now puffed up into an almost complete ball on his head, her tail, neck and wings all pulled in as much as possible as if to make her seem larger. He tried his best to coo reassuringly at her, though it was still pretty bad, even with practice he wasn't anywhere near as good as well... anyone else in the herd who had tried.

Once that sorry attempt to console his feather hat was completed he turned back to the kin before him. Abandons Fear...

"Totoma names are... earned, aren't they? Through actions?" The buck asked, seemingly lost in thought before catching himself back-tracking, clearly embarrassed. "Sorry! You don't need to talk about it if you don't want too, I just... well, I uh, some-" Realizing he didn't even know where he was going with this the buck gave up on whatever he was trying to say and decided to start over. "Some of the members of my herd have earned names, so I was just curious... about..." He trailed of again, clearly intent on giving up whatever train of thought he was trying to convey, before he suddenly felt an angry talon slap down on his head. Looking up confused he saw the still puffed up Sunrise staring down at him, and before he could do anything else she slammed her leg back down, slapped the base of her talon onto his head again. "I- wha-" the buck stammered, obviously confused. "Help. HELP. HELP HELPHELPHELPEHEL-" Sunrise started to get loading, shrieking in time with her talon slamming down over and over again, pace increasing, clearly becoming frustrated with something the buck was doing. "It's fine! IT'S FINE!" Shadowed Moon said, attempting to calm her down, before just letting words spill out of his mouth, hoping maybe another voice would encourage Sunrise to stop being quite so loud at least (it wouldn't be the first time she got mad at the silence, after all.)

"ALRIGHT, alright, I uh, I was just, hey watch your talons, don't move your leg lower please, I like my eyes intact thank you." The buck sighed, but Sunrise seemed to be lowering her volume so maybe it was working? "I was just wondering if maybe you had anything to share about working through that type of thing, as it's something I've been struggling with, or was, had, am? struggling with so I can move forward and... huh, well. Now you're quiet." Shadowed Moon paused, confused by Sunrise's sudden stillness and lack of pounding on his head. Did she do that on purpose to make him ask? Though honestly he wouldn't be surprised if she was just being ornery... "Um, sorry for just, throwing that out there. First thing that came to mind, and she tends to calm down if other people are speaking when she's in a mood like this. So, sorry again." Another pause before Shadowed Moon tentatively spoke again, glancing at the other buck. "If you don't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it. Hearing about your journey for your name, that is." The pause at the end of his sentence was cut off by a quick addition, "if you don't mind, I understand if we've already intruded enough." Sunrise puffed herself again and settled her head back down into her chest fluff, now staring intensely at Stormsinger.
seru_ame wrote:((Tried to clarify Shadowed Moon's physic a bit, as I may have mixed up the descriptors when describing one of his herd mates in my prior post lol so I hope that helps.))
word count: 766