Very Bad Things Hunts Badly [B] V Bad Things x Real Big Fish

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Nashawryn
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 808.60 Pebbles

Post by Nashawryn »

Very Bad Things was minding her own business, hunting for things to do in the swamp, when she was informed by Destroy and Sow that she needed to go hunt for a Fish for a blessing. Immediately. No Bears. Absolutely no Bears. Very Bad Things didn't understand why exactly finding a bear would be a bad thing. She huffed at Destroy and stormed off. Further into the swamp. And now she didn't know exactly where she was.

Although she was now lost there were certainly some interesting things in this unexplored area. But she had no idea what she could do that would gain her a blessing from a Fish... What if she found a different creature to give a blessing? What if it was a Bird? Or one of those Snapping Toothed Logs. Very Bad sighed and continued stomping through the swamp waters. She was sure she was being too loud but at the moment she wasn't too concerned.
Last edited by Nashawryn on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 163
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 2,553.12 Pebbles

Forum

Very Bad Things Hunts Badly [B]

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

There was somebody splashing about, and Fish, while not disturbed, was curious. She'd been contemplating the nature of life in her fatfish shape, a very... vacant creature at the best of times. The rotund vessel was perfect for contemplation, however, and she idly bobbed towards the source of the noise.

There was a zikwa in the waters, a dark shape defined by glowing patches. Idly, Fish bobbed up and down, slowly splashing in the water. What was this kin doing? Was she fishing? If so she was definitely going to scare off all the fish in the area. Except Fish, of course.
Nashawryn wrote:
word count: 105
Nashawryn
Patron
Patron

Very Bad Things Hunts Badly [B]

Post by Nashawryn »

Very Bad stomped further into the waters, peering down at it as she moved. She couldn't really spot anything in it but she was hearing some splashing noises. She followed the splashing noises near a clump of reeds and then around the other side of them. What possibly looked like a fat Fish was bobbing in the water, slowly coming towards her. Very Bad tilted her head to look at it. Was this the Fish she'd been told to go searching for or is it a different Fish?

Very Bad stepped closer to the fat Fish. "Hello! Maybe you could help me? I'm searching for Fish. I urgently need help with a blessing. My partner, Destroy and Sow, sent me."
Scaramouche Fandango wrote:
word count: 126
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

"I'm a fish!" she said. "But I am also..." and she stretched into her kin-shape as easily as flicking her fins. "Fish. Real Big Fish. I remember your girl- you need another blessing, you say?" She wiggled her brows suggestively. Sounds like these two were about as fertile as they came. "I'm glad it's Fish you need, and not fish, because this is a bad spot for fish. But a good spot for Fish!" She chuckled. "I promise I'm not speaking in riddles though. Just being silly about my name. Funny thing, names. I earned mine, but it might as well have been bestowed to me in a dream, for being a fish is just about as in my nature as being Fish. How about you- what's your name?"
Nashawryn wrote:
word count: 137
Nashawryn
Patron
Patron

Post by Nashawryn »

Very Bad Things tilted her head to the side as she peered at the Fish. "I'm Very Bad Things. I like doing very bad things, just like in my dream. Just watch, I'll kick this plant out of the water." Very Bad Things inefficiently tried to kick a plant that had firmly grown its' roots through the water and into the earth below. "This one isn't cooperating but I promise, I do Very Bad Things!" She nodded her head firmly as she spoke.

"I do indeed need a blessing, for myself and Destroy and Sow. You know how to give blessings? That is very cool." Very Bad Things quickly said all this, then bit and started tugging at the plant she'd tried to kick a moment ago. She was determined to do something bad in front of this Fish who was not a fish, if for no other reason than to prove that her name was her entire self as well. She had to show off. After all, it wasn't every day that a kin met a Fish who wasn't a fish.
Scaramouche Fandango wrote:
word count: 191
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Very Bad Things, huh. Good thing you're not a Totoma, because that could be a hell of an insult, Fish thought. "Yeah, I do blessings! It's pretty simple. We figure out what you need, and what your clutch needs, and then I just ask the Motherfather for it to happen, and it happens. So what do you need? And what do you think your kids will need?" She watched as the zikwa attempted to uproot a plant. She recognized it as a cypress sapling, a long-rooted thing that wasn't going to go anywhere. There might be a lesson in this, so she simply watched and waited.
Nashawryn wrote:
word count: 112