[B] Our First Time Together

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,212.28 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1300

[B] Our First Time Together

Post by Astraea »

Path to the Sun had had her first encounter.

She had been both delighted and a more then a little jealous of her twin, who already had a few kids running around. But that was ok, her kids were going to be better. She had gone out a mission to track down one of those legendary kin to give her foals the best start. A blessing directly from them would be the best thing she could do to one up her twin!

Well, not one up. Not entirely. Maybe totally run over them instead!

Path sat. She had heard some legendaries wander and might come across her and give a blessing if they were inclined. Better to be found if you're in one place.

In Harmony heard a sound. It was a song, barely heard, even when her more sharp ermine ears. At first she sought to ignore it, she felt she had better things to do. But the song would not stop, no matter how far she walked away from where she thought it was coming from. Frustrated, she finally decided to walk towards the sound.

The mare in ermine form crested a slope and saw a doe sitting alone.

The song was loud and coming from her.

In Harmony slunk around, getting closer to the doe, her bright eyes peering at kin intently, trying to figure out why she was hearing that song. A thought struck her and her eyes narrowed.

Ah. It was finally the time was do one was it? Tch.

Path turned her head and saw the blue ermine with eyes that shone as bright as the actual sun. It's long white tail was stuck out at being caught, perhaps startled. She beamed. Finally someone had found her.

In Harmony chattered at the doe. Path had no idea she was being chastised for just being there and wanting a blessing.

Harmony huffed and spun up into her Mare form. Her head swum a little, she wasn't used to that yet. She looked at the excited doe with an annoyed expression.

"I suppose you would like me to bless your children?" she lightly snipped.

Path stood and nodded eagerly. "Oh yes, I would love to get a blessing! I'm trying to do the best for my foals and have them become even more strong and smart and brave and better then any of my twin's children!"

"I didn't ask for your life story." Harmony bemoaned.

"Sorry sorry. Please, oh lovely and wise mare, please give me a blessing."

In Harmony snorted and approached Path, eyeing her up and down, sizing her up. She really wasn't sure how to bless anyone, she'd never done it before. That she had to think about it harder made her more annoyed. Such a hassle.

"I..." she started, trying to think on the fly. "I bless your foals with....good things. Like wisdom and stuff."

Path to the Sun crooked her head to the side.

"And stuff?"

In Harmony's face reddened a bit. "Look I've never done this before. I don't know if I'm supposed to do a little dance or shout at the top of my voice or what. The only reason I'm still here is that your wanting of blessings is calling to me, loudly. And I think it's not going to stop until they're done. So how about you give me a little break huh?"

Path's eyes widened. "You mean......I'm you're first?" The glare the mare gave her made her jump just a little and she reigned in her excitement outwardly. Inside, she was overjoyed. What a story she could tell! Journey is sure to be impressed.

Harmony was already exhausted and at her wits end. She decided that she should do something that made her comfortable and maybe figure out some kinda ritual later. Rustling up some pride though her aggravation, she drew herself up to seem more...Legendary-y.

"Your children will be good to animals and become very smart. All of the effort you put into finding me and to get this blessing will pay off in abundance if you apply that sort of energy into teaching them how to treat all things living well."

The song in her head slowly drifted and faded off. Finally. But now the silence was piercing and it started to give her a headache more then the song had.

"So uh...run along now to where it is you came from." she said with a firm nod.

"Oh thank you oh wonderful and benevolent mare! You have given me a story to tell for the rest of my days! I know that Journey to the Moon is going to be sooooo.."

In Harmony moaned and spun back down taking her ermine form once again, dashing away before the doe could utter anymore words.
word count: 823