[PRP] Quiet Prospects (Wayward Son x Whispers of Death)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,924.08 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

His belief in her abilities made her smile -- not every kin believed, and she supposed she couldn't blame them. The world was full of magical and mystical things. So very many unexplainable things. "I have to wonder how many does you meet, for me to rank so highly," she mused quietly, chin lowering to rest on crossed ankles.

She blinked up at him, at the offer. "I think I would like that very much." It sounded like adventure. A chance she'd be foolish to pass up.

There was the matter of her children, making sure they would be alright without her, but they were old enough now they didn't need her around all the time. Surely they would be alright for a little while without her. "When would we go?"
doomsayer" wrote:
word count: 135
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,117.64 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

"Not too many, I assure you. But of the few that I have met, you are exceptional."

He leaned above her, craning his neck and looking down until there would be mere inches between his snout and the top of her head, and so that he would be looking straight into her eyes.

"We can go any time you'd like. Any time you're ready."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 68
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

As he leaned over her he nose came up, almost brushing his chin, but not quite touching. "I need a day, then I'll be ready." A day to be sure her children would have someone to lean on in her absence, aside from their other mother. One of Whisper's elder sons would be more than suited to the task.

"Would that be alright?" Whispers got the impression it would be, he seemed eager to spend more time with her, but she asked all the same. Tone softly inquiring.
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 92
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

His brow furrowed slightly as he recognized that she may not be as free of social obligations as he was to just up and travel to an unknown place for an unknown period of time.

"I'm not taking you away from anyone, am I? I wouldn't want to pressure you into going away with me if you have more important things to attend to. If you need more time, I can wait. Come back for you when or if you have things settled. I just want you to know that the offer stands."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 97
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

At that furrowed brow she did tap her nose to his chin, just a gentle touch and a smile. "It's alright. I have children, but they're not so young as to be helpless without me. I will leave them to the care of their brother, he's had fowls of his own, and is very capable."

Omen squawked again, then took flight to settle on one of the branches close by, still watching the pair keenly.

"It won't be any trouble. I can meet you in the morning."
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 93
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Relieved that she didn't want to delay going with him even though she had family, he couldn't help but smile as well as she was first to make physical contact.

He looked down and gently touched the tip of his nose to hers, "I'm glad. I'll see you back here in the morning then."

With that promise, he left her in her little sunny clearing with the Totoma skull for her to do as she wished.
word count: 80
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Her smile broadened at that soft touch to her nose, and she nodded to him as he took his leave.

The doe herself would linger for a little while longer, enjoying the heat of the sun against her subtly dappled flank. Then she would head back to her family, the totoma skull in tow, and make arrangements.
word count: 57