[B] A Lasting Impression (One Short Day x Tidal Terror)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,756.82 Pebbles

[B] A Lasting Impression (One Short Day x Tidal Terror)

Post by HuniPi »

[imgleft]https://matope-swamp.com/images/araucan ... uncert.png[/imgleft]The kimeti buck was in two minds about learning he was going to be a father. On the one hoof, he wasn't entirely certain he was ready for such a responsibility. But on the other, it was up to him how present he was in his children's life.

If he were to use his own father as a reference, the older buck's presence was felt but One Short Day would have to squint. But then again, it wasn't really in Short's nature to be present either. Which was likely why he was going to have to put all his energy and focus into doing at least one thing for his future children.

And for that, he would need to seek counsel with a legendary.
Last edited by HuniPi on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 139
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 203.68 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [B] A Lasting Impression (One Short Day x ???)

Post by Gl!tch~ »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert3.png[/imgright]
A turtle could be found swimming through the more waterlogged areas of the swamp, at a decent clip yet still bobbing its head merrily.

Tidal Terror was starting to figure out that some seasons were more active than others, a high tide and low tide of a sort, that she could use to predict when she would need to be away from home more often.

It once again seemed to be a time like that, so she had already trekked away from the beach to be as ready as possible for those moments when she felt the familiar pull.

She was thinking about breakfest when it came to her, the innate gut feeling that someone needed her blessing.

So the turtle pressed on, and, eventually, shifted to the form of a totoma to pull herself up onto the shore and greet a nearby kimeti.

"Hail and well-met!" she called out.

@HuniPi
word count: 162
Image Image
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Re: [B] A Lasting Impression (One Short Day x Tidal Terror)

Post by HuniPi »

Despite his appearance, Short only had one pair of functioning eyes. It took hearing the voice greet him to have Short turn his head towards the totoma.

"Greetings." He responded. Had she been here all this time and he just didn't notice? What else had he missed? Oh no, this was just further proof he needed help. "Have you seen a Legendary in these parts?"

[member=21]Gl!tch~[/member]

((Short is not very... smart. And apologies for the delay. Life got in the way) )

word count: 86
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Tidal Terror almost laughed. It seemed at least one in every bunch of kin thought her a normal totoma. Just as well; she found it much more awkward when kin looked at her and groveled.

"I have seen a few in my time," she responded, humor in her voice. Today she felt rather playful. They would get to where they needed to in good time. "I was blessed by an old friend when I was pregnant; I followed the guidance of a legendary up to the mountains some time ago... And any creature whose path you cross might be a legendary in an altered form! They are always closer than one might think."

@HuniPi ((It's okay, Tidal enjoys the not-super-smart kin the most ))
word count: 126
Image Image
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

Short listened intently, "What did they look like? Are there signs that they're Legendary?" he asked, "I'll keep my eyes peeled for them! I need advice, you see, this would be my first clutch and I. I don't know what to do. Or how to make things easier for my partner and my future children."

The buck really was at a loss. He'd never been the sort to plan for the future, choosing to live in the present. Perhaps that was not always the best state of mind when others were involved.

word count: 101
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

The totoma nodded at Short's words. "The usually have unusual traits...physical parts that look like an animal's. Or flowers. And they usually have quite unusual eyes!"

This said Tidal Terror, with her unusual-for-a-totoma's eyes, teeth, and turtleshell-like carapace.

"If you asked me, I would say that you're off to a good start! Asking for help when you need it makes you more likely to get that help, instead of just flailing around blind. Have you made a comfortable nest for your partner? Are you keeping your partner fed and warm when you are with them? That helps with healthy foals, to start."

@HuniPi
word count: 112
Image Image
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

One Short Day looked as one who was getting overwhelmed with information. Signs to look for when searching for a Legendary, then all the steps and procedures needed to assist one's partner for the clutch. Preparations both in terms of location, dietary, and support in the physical or emotional sense.

"I see." the buck said. His thoughts were in a whirl but it appeared as if he was focusing more intently in the preparations for the clutch. After all, it wasn't a guarantee one would ever find a Legendary, let alone gain their blessing. Best not to assume and instead focus on what he knew he could do. "I am grateful for the suggestions and will get on those right away!"

He looked determined to be there for his partner, "Thank you so much, I can only hope that in the future, my children will not be so scattered as their father."

((Is it possible for Terror to bless him without Short realizing she'd done so until after? Poor boy's gotten info overload and I think it's just hilarious for him to belatedly understand who exactly he was talking to XD)

word count: 201
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

"Of course, of course," she nodded. Tidal Terror had to chuckle. She liked this father-to-be, and she hoped the best for his future.

"May your children be as focused and precise as a mountain hawk in their journeys. I believe this is where we part ways; I think you have somewhere to be!" Tidal Terror commented before laughing once more.

It was a good day.

[member=53]HuniPi[/member] ((Let me know if this is what you were looking for! I am to please :> ))
word count: 86
Image Image