[BRP] When the Butterflies Become Too Real (Friendly Faces x Watch Me)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
MikaMoo
Pebbles: 2,654.84 Pebbles

[BRP] When the Butterflies Become Too Real (Friendly Faces x Watch Me)

Post by MikaMoo »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgleft]Friendly Faces was having a delightful day.  The sun was shining, the water was refreshing, and she had met a boy.  A handsome boy.  A handsome boy who liked her.  What were the chances?!  They had to be pretty slim, right?  I mean, sure, a whole swamp full of goats surrounded her, but how many would actually think she was something special?

In circumstances such as these, it seemed a really nice day to enjoy the weather and the ruminations on a cute boy.  She could bask in it a bit, couldn't she?  She remembered his shy regard, delighted in her decision to take a chance and say hello, reveled in memories of his response and their blossoming admiration for each other.  Swoon.

Her wanderings had somehow brought her to a small grove of flowers, and honestly, what a day to stop and smell the flowers.  Flowers somehow smelled so much sweeter today.  Was it the sun, pouring down its rays and bringing out their fragrance?  She wasn't sure, but whatever it was, she liked it.
word count: 188
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [BRP] When the Butterflies Become Too Real (Friendly Faces x Watch Me)

Post by Ruriska »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert3.png[/imgright] It was a beautiful day to be a bird.

The sun was shining, the breeze was gentle and he was a legendary.

After a morning spent learning how to adapt to life on the wing, Watch Me was all aflutter, flitting here and there, adding to the normal daily bird chorus with his own very loud voice.

The Royal Rainbow Troupe must have begun to wonder as to the whereabouts of their glorious leader. He had wandered off one day for a nap and he was fairly sure, judging by the state of the grass and the scattered leaves, he’d been there for longer than expected.

But oh - how excited they would be!

It would be time for a great celebration!

He was already planning the event in his head when he spied someone beneath him, a bright patch among the flowers that demanded his attention. Oh, he thought, spiralling downwards, this is what Rouge had told him about. That strange feeling of being required.

His very first blessing!

As the father of many children, he knew the drill - though usually he was on the other end.

The new legendary came in on the wing and transformed, dropping out of the sky with a loud ‘TA-DA!’. Watch Me landed neatly, tossed his head back and announced, “I have arrived! I shall now bless your unborn children in the name of the MotherFather!”

@MikaMoo
word count: 245
MikaMoo

Post by MikaMoo »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgleft]The flowers smelled so sweet and the sun was so bright that for a moment she didn't see the bird on wing above her.  When she did, she took to watching it as it began to swoop lower and lower until she could almost swear it was coming right for-- HER.  OH, SWEET MOTHERFATHER, that wasn't a bird, it was a kiokote?

Friendly Faces had never seen a legendary before.  She had heard stories, but... honestly, she wasn't sure how real they were until this precise moment.  Was she sure there weren't any tricks involved?  It wouldn't be that weird for this kiokote to have found a bird that looked just enough like him to pull off some sort of stunt.  But how could she explain the transformation?  The clear shift from bird to kiokote?  She had seen it with her own eyes.

The young doe was so wrapped up in confusion that she almost didn't hear what he had said.  She blinked hard, shaking her head slightly before looking back at the buck before her.  "I-- you... I'm sorry, sir, what did you say?  My... my unborn children?"  Her eyes widened slightly as she repeated it.  Children?  She wasn't ready for children!  Surely the MotherFather wouldn't send you children if you weren't ready for them.  Right?!

"I... I think maybe you're mistaken?  I--" she shook her head, deep in denial, "I'm not ready to be a mother yet.  That can't be right.  How would you know, anyway?!"
word count: 271
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert3.png[/imgright] Now that he had made his grand entrance, Watch Me finally looked at the doe that would receive his very first blessing.

“You’re not an Acha,” he sighed, all too audibly.

Not that it really mattered but he had hoped.

The sweet doe seemed quite overwhelmed by his arrival and his chest puffed out with pride. He was very impressive and so he waited indulgently for her to recover and stumble through a full sentence - which turned out to be doubting his abilities.

“I am not mistaken!” He huffed. “I just know.” That probably wasn’t the most believable of answers, if one was already inclined to question his abilities, so he added, “I turn into a bird.” Then he nodded his head wisely.

He had been chosen by the MotherFather for this role, surely that was enough credentials for knowing whether someone was really pregnant or not.

And this doe most certainly was.

He could feel it.

“Is the father an Acha?” He asked hopefully. 
word count: 177
MikaMoo

Post by MikaMoo »

Friendly Faces blinked at his realization, looking down at herself as if she was the one who needed to be convinced of her species.  "N-no..."  What did it matter if she wasn't an acha?  Would he not bless her children now because she wasn't an acha?  Did... did legendaries have to bless only one species?  If so, why would a kiokote be assigned to acha?  Suddenly, she was very concerned that if she was pregnant, she would want the blessing, but it would be so pointless for the MotherFather to lead this kiokote to find her if he couldn't bless her, right?

Not that his 'just knowing' was any real assurance.  She wasn't sure how to trust a claim like that.  It wasn't impossible that she was pregnant, though...  His evidence of being able to turn into a bird, while she had seen that it was true, was not the so much the further evidence necessary that he seemed to think it was, though something about that very wise nod was oddly convincing.

In the end...  what harm could it really do to let him bless, whether she was pregnant or not?

His asking about the father threw off her consideration, though.  Her face scrunched slightly, question and concern mixed in the features of her face.  "No...  He's a kiokote, like you."  Oh, gosh.  That admission made it real.  This was actually possible.  She could feel a furious blush taking over and she was almost feeling dizzy.  "Is that-- is that a problem?  I..."  Her eyes darted around briefly, "Do I need to find someone else to bless my children?  Please, if I am pregnant, I'd like them to live well-- if you can't bless them, please tell me where to find someone who can!"  She heard the fear in her voice and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.
word count: 321
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Oh,” Watch Me sighed. “It’s no problem at all. I can bless them just fine. It’s part of my job now.” Though he still looked disappointed. “It was merely my own fancy, you know? I have quite the connection to Acha.” He posed for her, turning sideways slightly to show off his back better and widening his eyes to indicate the fancy new eye scales. “See?” It had been quite the delightful surprise to wake up to.

He regarded her thoughtfully, the blush not going unnoticed nor the fact that she seemed to be on the verge of a meltdown. “You don’t need to be so worried. I’ll bless you right now, as you are most definitely pregnant. Your Kiokote lover has taken care of that. We can be quite... prolific.” Watch Me gave her a coy sort of wink, hoping to put her at ease. 

“Now, let’s see...”

All he had to do was copy the blessing he’d had in the past, beseeching the MotherFather while putting his own spin on it. Watch Me took a strong stance before the doe and dipped his head towards the earth, bending his leg in a bow.

“MotherFather, may these unborn children be blessed! As they dream softly in her belly, may they grow healthy and be given the gift of love with - wait,” he peeked up at the doe, “do you prefer singing or dancing? Ah, don't worry, both should be fine. Born skilled in both song and dance! And if there are any Acha descendants, maybe that would be nice too. You know what I mean. I’m sure you know best.”

He waited a moment, still bowed, for some sort of sign. There wasn’t any but something in his gut felt like the job was done.

Watch Me lifted his head with a grin and very humbly said, “You’re welcome.”
word count: 320
MikaMoo

Post by MikaMoo »

He seemed... very disappointed, which almost still made her feel bad, but at least there was an explanation.  As he turned to show off his back and his eye scales, her eyes widened and she nodded, understanding.  She was almost disappointed that she wasn't an acha now.  He brought them back around to the issue at hand, and she gave an awkward smile in response to his wink.  At least it was nice to see that he was proud of kiokotes as well for... prolificness.

As he began to get down to the task, Friendly Faces shuffled a bit as he thought through his prep.  What should she be doing?  Did she need to stand, sit, spin in a circle?  In the end, seeing as he was bowing slightly, she decided... to also bow?  Sure, that... that would be fine, right?

The image of babies dreaming softly in her belly was... sweet, and somehow made the thought of pregnancy a little more bearable.  Her head snapped up at his question, but she hardly had time to consider before he decided to just use both of his inspirations -- fairly acha-oriented, she noted, though not exclusively.  She would... be interested to see if any achas did turn up in the clutch...

She, too, waited to see if there was a glimmer of light or some other sign, but... nothing particularly impressive happened and, well, she wasn't sure what to be waiting for, so she wasn't sure if anything was really different; but once he lifted his head, she felt that it was safe for her to also do so.

Friendly Faces cleared her throat, "Yes, ah, thank you...  I appreciate your help.  Who-- ah, may I ask who I am to thank for my children's blessing?"  She smiled, curious and feeling, for whatever reason, that she should have a name attached to this very kind and helpful stag.
word count: 321
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

It hadn’t been the ideal scenario for his first blessing but Watch Me was pleased regardless. This was a nice doe who very much deserved the little extra boost and he was proud to be the one who had delivered it.

“My name is Watch Me,” he informed her, another bow, this time just for her. “If you ever need to find me, seek out The Royal Rainbow Troupe, or perhaps the MotherFather will guide me once more.”

Now all that was left was a flashy exit and Watch Me did so with a flourish, dancing up on his back hooves, tossing his head back in what he thought was a very handsome and majestic way, and then calling a loud ‘FAREWELL’ as he transformed into a songbird.

The flapping that commenced was slightly awkward, more so than he would have liked, and he hoped she didn’t notice the way he listed sideways before a few strong flaps carried him skyward.

He turned a circle above her, his song loud and clear, then off he soared, to find his troupe. Ah yes, a job well done!
word count: 188
MikaMoo

Post by MikaMoo »

Friendly Faces stored that information away for later: Watch Me, of the Royal Rainbow Troupe.  Was that a troupe of legendaries?  She wasn't sure, but she would clearly have to look them up sometime; she had to know more.

She wasn't expecting him to leave so soon, or in such a... fantastic way.  She called after him a, "Thank you!"  Luckily for him, the sun blocked most of his awkward flight (or perhaps Friendly Faces chose to see it as some fancy twirl rather than the awkward flaps of a bird still new to flight).

Once he was long out of sight, his song barely a memory on the wind, Friendly Faces turned back to the grove of flowers around her.  Gosh, but they were lovely.  But it seemed she had more important things to attend to now!  So, she turned on heel and began the journey back from whence she came.  She had to find that delightfully handsome boy and let him know that he was going to be a father!  At least, she was pretty sure he was...
word count: 182