[SOLO] A Typical Visit

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,018.54 Pebbles
[SOLO] A Typical Visit

Post by Tiarana »

Transferred from Gaia Online. Original Post
ImageImage
Murkcrow decided to visit his mother for the first time in a few months. Normally he visited her more often than that, but he had found himself distracted by one thing or another and only now had found a clear opportunity to visit. But when he arrived, he found that something seemed...distinctly different about her.

"Hello, Mother," he said in a generally affectionate way while he attempted to figure out whether her unusually rotund figure was the result of a little too much meat or a little too much meat. Murkcrow cringed at that thought, but he was quite certain which meat it was.

"Ah, Murkcrow. How kind of you to visit your dear mother once in a while," Shadelight responded drily, stretching and pulling a swamp grape from a cluster set in front of her as she did so.

"Well, various things...happened," he said, trying to avoid actually looking at his mother. "You know how it is sometimes."

Shadelight quirked a brow. "I hope those various things were grandkids."

She regularly inquired about grandkids whenever any of her kids were around, but Murkcrow still nearly jumped out of his fur. "No, of...of course not." She was already pregnant, why did she want more? He thought maybe he wouldm't mention the pile of sacs waiting for him at home. They weren't actually his kids, so it wasn't a lie.

"Hmm, really?" His reaction was unusual, and Shadelight knew it. Instantly she went into nosy mother mode, tail wagging in excitement. "Who is their mother, and when do I get to see them?"

"They aren't...actually...mine," Murkcrow said slowly, hoping the information would sink in. "I'm just taking care of them."

Shadelight's tail flopped over in disappointment. "Even so, it would be nice if you brought them around." She stopped herself before she added "and bring some of your own." She did know her own son's preferences, even if she had brought the subject up in the first place.

"I don't see why you want more kids hanging around here," Murkcrow said drily. "Considering you're pregnant yourself. Aren't you less popular with the bucks when you've got foals coming out of your ears, anyway?"

"Don't underestimate the joy of raising kids, Murkcrow," Shadelight said, and for a moment Murkcrow thought she was glowing more than usual. "Well, you'll figure that out on your own, now that you have some, I suppose. Besides, I don't think there will be so many this time."

Murkcrow looked her over again. He'd thought it was just a little early, but maybe she was right. He sighed. "Mother, do you even know who the father is?"

Shadelight glanced aside. "Well, there are only so many bucks he could be..."

Murkcrow looked sharply at her, startled. "You knew who my father was, and...Midnight Sun's...but you don't even know who could have fathered these?"

"Yours...were more memorable, I suppose," Shadelight admitted. "And there were a few...Does it even matter?"

Murkcrow sighed again, defeated. "I guess it doesn't." After a few moments of silence, he spoke up again. "Anyway, I came to ask for your advice about these kids..."
word count: 552