[PRP] From One Witch to Another [ Coven / Sleepless ]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,643.38 Pebbles

Forum

[PRP] From One Witch to Another [ Coven / Sleepless ]

Post by Maxx »

[ Original on Gaia here ]

[imgright]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgright]

"I heard there was a witch here," the voice came before the figure, drifting along in its rough tenor. When she showed, her head was lowered - she was staring.

"I request your aid, as a fellow witch." Her shoulders shifted to deposit the cargo carried on her back spines - potent herbs, fat roots. "That is, if you really are one."
word count: 74
Jun
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 6,427.98 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [PRP] From One Witch to Another [ Coven / Sleepless ]

Post by Jun »

Bitter End had said this might happen.

Well, she'd said it, but, still, Sleepless was not used to visitors. It had been a while since someone had shown up begging a curse or some such. With a startled yelp, she poofed into a spider and skittled away into her garden.

...This might become a problem, she could see, the whole turning into a spider and running away business.

It took a moment more, but peering over at the deposited load revealed that there were some really good stuff in there. Taking a deep breath (insofar as a spider could take a deep breath), she skittered out of the garden, turned back into a mare, and tried to pick up the broken pieces of her dignity as she approached the doe.

"A witch, you say?" she said.

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... ncert3.png[/imgleft]
word count: 147
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"A witch maybe," she looked her up and down, having watched her turn into a spider and back, then nodded with a grim, satisfied swish of her tail. "You look just like a witch to me. A legendary too, a legendary witch."

Then it was a deep bow. "Sister," her voice rasped. "help me keep these children. The buck didn't look very well at all, but his rotten visage was oh...so beautiful."
word count: 74
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Post by Jun »

Hmmmmmmm.

"How rotten would you say his visage was?" she said, "would you say...he was a medical curiousity?"

Her eyes might have gleamed a little brighter than necessary.

Just a little.
word count: 32
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"Ooh, so rotten-looking," Coven said with rapt glee. "He mostly looked strange, though, no decomposing smells or anything. Not quite a curiousity yet." She barked a laugh. "Good enough." Then it was kinda a cackle. Two witches, eh.
word count: 39
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Post by Jun »

"Maybe you should," she leant forward, her eyes now definitely gleaming more than strictly necessary (which was technically none) "send him over sometime. Just to get checked out."

It suddenly occurred to her that such phrasing might sound like she was trying to steal the witch doe's buck.

"His medical problems," she hastily corrected, "to get his medical problems looked at. I should definitely look at - they should definitely get looked at. One never knows. It would be good for the Sw - him. Him. Definitely."

She cleared her throat, embarrassed again.

She was really bad with this talking to people business. Her extended engagement with Bitter End had made her almost forgotten how bad she was with it, but she was really bad.

How on earth was this blessing schtick supposed to work out?

...Right.

Blessing.

That was what the doe was here for.

"Yes, I will help you with the children," she said, opting for a re-entry that definitely would not sound like she was more interested in the medical curiousity than this doe's very real plight, "is there anything else you would like them blessed with?"
word count: 191
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

She tilted her head to consider her words, before nodding slowly, seeming like she felt she was...trustworthy. For now.
In any case, the kids were about to happen anyway.

"I suppose I will let him know," she said roughly with a slight smirk, "what is a little sharing between Swamp sisssters."

Then her brow furrowed in thought, before she decided: "please, let them be as fascinating as could be - like the deadly draw of a venomous plant, or the unsettling touch of a spider's furred legs. Since I am to birth them, I would love them as such."

She shifted her weight.

"I would honestly be terribly disappointed if they were boring. Or basic."
word count: 116
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Post by Jun »

Oooh.

Sleepless wasn't quite sure she agreed with the doe's parenting decree. It seemed quite unfair a burden to put upon the children. But who was she to judge, she supposed.

"Alright," she said, "I'll do my best to bless them to be, uh, interesting. By the grace of the Swampmother, of course."

Now, how was this supposed to work?

Sleepless closed her eyes.

Dear Motherfather, she thought, very very hard, can you hear me? Is this thing working? Anyway. It's me, Sleepless. This is the first time I'm doing this, so I hope this is okay. I'm looking to bless this doe, and she has some rather specific requests. She would like her children to be as fascinating as possible, in dark and unsettling ways. She definitely does not want them to be boring. Or basic. She would be terribly disappointed, which would be really sad for the children. So please let her children be interesting. But hopefully not in a way that would impact their life and future dealings negatively. Or too negatively at any rate. I don't know. I just feel like I have a responsibility to them in this regard, since I'm the one relaying this message and all. So I generally hope that they'll turn out alright and their mother will love them. I guess blessing them with health and happiness is always good, too. Oh - and if their father is really afflicted with some rotting disease, please let it not be hereditary...even if that would make them really interesting.

...Please let them be alright.

Thank you.

For a moment, Sleepless wasn't sure if anything was happening...but, then, she did feel some sort of strange power course through her veins...

Either that, or it was indigestion. Indigestion could often feel like a lot of things that were much more serious than what it really was.

She opened her eyes.

"It is done."
word count: 329
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

Coven had been watching her elegant face throught the entire process, her own eyes unblinking until they met Sleepless' again.

"Wonderful, wonderful," she said in utter fascination, "a true connection. Thank you ever so much, Sister - I would so hate for them to be basic."

And in the vein of her name, she repeated after herself, shaking her head, "baaasic.

"Please enjoy the selection," Coven hissed with pleasure, and excused herself from Sleepless' swampwitch sanctuary.
word count: 75
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Post by Jun »

"Remember to send him over!" she called, after the doe's retreating back, "take care of yourself and the kids!"

Well.

That was her first blessing, she supposed.

She wasn't too sure about it, in the end, but it could have been worse.

Maybe she should perform a few more very public sacrifices, then if she was lucky, no one would come here for blessings anymore.

Maybe.

Sleepless shrugged, poofed into a spider, and skittled back into her garden again.

END
word count: 82