The Crescent Bay — Watch Out For Shuppy Holes

Groups of kin working on a similar goal.
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,542.40 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Re: The Crescent Bay — OPEN

Post by lilacfishie »

I've Fallen into a Shuppy Hole!
Kin: Sea Sighed
Role: Mender, Rescuer
Summary: Sea Sighed currently lives at the edge of a large lake where he protects a small colony of hermit crabs. After having heard about the Crescent Bay tribe in passing, he knew deep in his heart that's where he and his little companions belonged. The encroaching predators to the crabs as populations have grown and shifted has lit the fire in him to seek out the tribe and earn membership within. With his fins and strong swimming ability, he would make a great rescuer. He also learned much about healing salves from his mother, Waters Grace, and would be happy to help take care of the tribe using that knowledge. At first he's very stoic and quiet, but he's definitely very warm hearted at his core.
word count: 143
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,515.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

lilacfishie wrote:@lilacfishie
Kin: Sea Sighed
Role: Mender, Rescuer
Summary: Sea Sighed currently lives at the edge of a large lake where he protects a small colony of hermit crabs. After having heard about the Crescent Bay tribe in passing, he knew deep in his heart that's where he and his little companions belonged. The encroaching predators to the crabs as populations have grown and shifted has lit the fire in him to seek out the tribe and earn membership within. With his fins and strong swimming ability, he would make a great rescuer. He also learned much about healing salves from his mother, Waters Grace, and would be happy to help take care of the tribe using that knowledge. At first he's very stoic and quiet, but he's definitely very warm hearted at his core.
Fisheye would be happy to have hiim! c: Come put that talent to work!
word count: 160
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,209.12 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

Kin: Kismet
Role:  Greeter
Summary: Kismet loves the ocean, and so it had made sense to join the growing tribe when not only would it make life for her easier - but where she might acquire a few admirers. Well aware of her own beauty, she often uses it to charm new members into joining.

Kin: Lullaby of the Drowned
Role: Fisherkin
Summary: Drown is a mostly solitary buck who prefers the company of the tidepools to that of other kin. Yet when the tribe had moved in, he'd started quietly leaving them offerings of some of the excess fish and other goods he often gathers. Thus, he'd earned himself a place in the tribe - even if somewhat unofficially.

Kin: Bluebeak
Role: Adventurer
Summary: Bluebeak loves to explore, though her heart has always belonged where the ocean meets the shore. Her upbeat attitude, and ever-present smile, make for great qualities when she's out recruiting others to join, sharing in gossip, and trading with some of the other tribes for goods not as easily found on the beach.
word count: 201
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Owlsomniac wrote:@Owlsomniac
Kin: Kismet
Role:  Greeter
Summary: Kismet loves the ocean, and so it had made sense to join the growing tribe when not only would it make life for her easier - but where she might acquire a few admirers. Well aware of her own beauty, she often uses it to charm new members into joining.

Kin: Lullaby of the Drowned
Role: Fisherkin
Summary: Drown is a mostly solitary buck who prefers the company of the tidepools to that of other kin. Yet when the tribe had moved in, he'd started quietly leaving them offerings of some of the excess fish and other goods he often gathers. Thus, he'd earned himself a place in the tribe - even if somewhat unofficially.

Kin: Bluebeak
Summary: Bluebeak loves to explore, though her heart has always belonged where the ocean meets the shore. Her upbeat attitude, and ever-present smile, make for great qualities when she's out recruiting others to join, sharing in gossip, and trading with some of the other tribes for goods not as easily found on the beach.
Fisheye is happy to have them! Kismet sounds like she'll be a real treat! She is very appreciative of Lullaby of the Drowned's diligence, a spot very well earned! Bluebeak sounds like he'll do a great job as an adventurer! Very diplimatic.
word count: 249
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,542.40 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Kin: Waters Grace
Role: Mender
Summary: Waters Grace, through an egregious amount of coercion from her son, Sea Sighed, wants to join The Cres to be part of a community. Her life so far has been spent mostly alone in a more watery part of the swamp where she develops and hones her skills in developing healing salves and supplies. Her solitude was only interrupted when she met Sea, fell in love, and had two lovely children. Waters Grace loves taking care of people and Sea Sighed has convinced her that her skills, the skills that she passed on to him, are worth being put to use and that finding her place within a community would be good for her.
word count: 127
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

lilacfishie wrote:@lilacfishie
Kin: Waters Grace
Role: Mender
Summary: Waters Grace, through an egregious amount of coercion from her son, Sea Sighed, wants to join The Cres to be part of a community. Her life so far has been spent mostly alone in a more watery part of the swamp where she develops and hones her skills in developing healing salves and supplies. Her solitude was only interrupted when she met Sea, fell in love, and had two lovely children. Waters Grace loves taking care of people and Sea Sighed has convinced her that her skills, the skills that she passed on to him, are worth being put to use and that finding her place within a community would be good for her.
Fisheye is excited to have some more menders in the tribe! You wouldn't believe the number of accidents that happen!
word count: 151
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

[align=center]HELLO HELLO, tribe members!

Everyone has been working as a tribe for so long now so as of today, tribe members can get permission for a custom or CC shuppy familiar by writing a solo about gaining a shuppy's trust and/or friendship! You can do a standard RP with another tribe member if you'd prefer!

Image Image Image[/align]
Last edited by Appeal on Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 61
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 1,101.86 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Kin: Dusk Wave
Role: Scout
Summary: An extremely hard worker with an inborn love of the sea (and an obscene amount of self-imposed guilt), Dusk has finally decided to give up the ghost and give into the call of the tide. While not the most talkative, he does like being around other kin and after a bit of nudging, hopes to join the tribe to help them while still indulging his love of the ocean. Silent and stealthy, a lifetime of wandering the swamp and learning to keep watch makes him an excellent scout, if in turn a terrible conversational partner.
word count: 109
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

peanutbutter wrote:@peanutbutter
Kin: Dusk Wave
Summary: An extremely hard worker with an inborn love of the sea (and an obscene amount of self-imposed guilt), Dusk has finally decided to give up the ghost and give into the call of the tide. While not the most talkative, he does like being around other kin and after a bit of nudging, hopes to join the tribe to help them while still indulging his love of the ocean. Silent and stealthy, a lifetime of wandering the swamp and learning to keep watch makes him an excellent scout, if in turn a terrible conversational partner.
Fisheye is pleased to welcome you into the tribe. c:
word count: 122
Anhelisk
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,119.26 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=889

Re: The Crescent Bay — Shuppy Update Pg. 4

Post by Anhelisk »

Kin: Gulp
Role: Shuppy-Sitter
Summary: Lighthearted, sweet, and innocent, Gulp's greatest desire is to to swim and play with shuppies all day. Being around the shuppies means she could, in theory, direct rescuers to where the deepest holes are, greet kin and direct them towards the tribe proper, and possibly help herd unpaired shuppies away from the guardian's stashes, though her lighthearted and chaotic nature mean she's mostly concerned with hanging out with her favouritest familiars and digging, rather than filling, holes!
Last edited by Anhelisk on Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 93
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Anhelisk wrote:@Anhelisk
Kin: Gulp
Role: Shuppy-Sitter
Summary: Lighthearted, sweet, and innocent, Gulp's greatest desire is to to swim and play with shuppies all day. Being around the shuppies means she could, in theory, direct rescuers to where the deepest holes are, greet kin and direct them towards the tribe proper, and possibly help herd unpaired shuppies away from the guardian's stashes, though her lighthearted and chaotic nature mean she's mostly concerned with hanging out with her favouritest familiars and digging, rather than filling, holes!
Fisheye dubs this role "Shupper" and is very happy to have someone to wrangle them.
word count: 111
kuropeco
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 429.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by kuropeco »

Kin: Image
Role: Guardian
Summary: Out of all of Fierce Warrior's sons, Waiting is the one that simultaneously wants to be the most like his father and the least like him. He's angry at himself for trying so hard to gain Fierce's approval for anything and everything, so while he's inadvertently following in his father's footsteps, he's also unhappy at doing it. He's joined the tribe because of Fierce but is resentful of being there and pushes all of his energy into doing what he can to protect the tribe and its supplies.
word count: 106
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

kuropeco wrote:@kuropeco
Kin: Image
Role: Guardian
Summary: Out of all of Fierce Warrior's sons, Waiting is the one that simultaneously wants to be the most like his father and the least like him. He's angry at himself for trying so hard to gain Fierce's approval for anything and everything, so while he's inadvertently following in his father's footsteps, he's also unhappy at doing it. He's joined the tribe because of Fierce but is resentful of being there and pushes all of his energy into doing what he can to protect the tribe and its supplies.
Fisheye is happy to have more guardians with the growing supplies the tribe needs! She knows he'll do great.
word count: 129
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 1,511.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Kin: Brother Shark
Summary: Shark is quiet and sort of a loner, but he's also loyal, fiercely protective, and drawn to the open water. Brother Shark with guard the reefs and the surrounding forests and swamplands from dangers.

Kin: Snap-Trap
Summary: She's a bit wild, a more than a bit unpredictable, and may or may not be known to bite on occasion if she doesn't like the cut of your jib. She's also fearless, curious, ready to explore. Happily heading out to the farthest reaches of the swamp on the hunt for new and exciting treasures and commodities to share with the tribe.
word count: 126
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Beejoux wrote:[member=69]Beejoux[/member]
Kin: Brother Shark
Summary: Shark is quiet and sort of a loner, but he's also loyal, fiercely protective, and drawn to the open water. Brother Shark with guard the reefs and the surrounding forests and swamplands from dangers.

Kin: Snap-Trap
Summary: She's a bit wild, a more than a bit unpredictable, and may or may not be known to bite on occasion if she doesn't like the cut of your jib. She's also fearless, curious, ready to explore. Happily heading out to the farthest reaches of the swamp on the hunt for new and exciting treasures and commodities to share with the tribe.
Fisheye welcomes the two of you, especially the very handsome Brother Shark. ;)
word count: 144