Hello... (totally not nervous at all... nope...)-lies

If you're new to the forum, introduce yourself here to get to know the other members.
Shanyume
Pebbles: 17.00 Pebbles

Hello... (totally not nervous at all... nope...)-lies

Post by Shanyume »

Hi there, seven-year-old newbie here! I received my first character, an Acha, back in 2013. However, I got intimidated by the large wall of text and didn't know what to do back then since I was still very new to RP at the time. Thanks to a lot of nudging and, let's be honest, hand-holding from Blue because I get lost easily with (at the moment) 7 forum tabs open... some might be duplicates... I'm finally posting here.

So... umm... Hello!  :-*

What name do you go by online?
[left-indent]If it is a forum setting I go by Shanyume if it is a game setting I go by Qualyn(most common) or Enairis[/left-indent]
Where does your username come from?
[left-indent]Shanyume (what some of you might know me by) it's what happens when you're a dumb high school student taking a japanese class and watching too many anime, wanting to be cool by mashing two words together from multiple languages to make a name (supposed to be Daydream) and only realizing a few years later that my friend gave me a name that I didn't double-check (DIAL-UP WAS A PAIN >_> many of you might remember those days)... so Shan didn't mean what I thought it meant xD so it ended up being Coral Dream or something weird like that... I've gone by many nicknames from Shan, Shanshan, Shanny, and Yume.

Qualyn is what happens when you realize that too many characters you own start with either "A" or "S" and wanting to use a more unique letter in the alphabet but not clicking with the ones listed in the baby names lists (I know I'm not the only one that looks there for names ;___; ) So I picked a random Q word "Quality" and swapped out the ity for lyn as a common name ending... This was my WoW main character for years but people kept pronouncing Qual as Quail (as in the bird) so I just went by "Q" Could have saved myself so much time searching for a name by just going with the letter from the start...

Enairis is similar to Qualyn in reasoning but there is no meaning to it, it was something that sounded pretty. Eventually, I learned not to spend so much time thinking about it. [/left-indent]
Where do you come from?
[left-indent]West Coast[/left-indent]
How did you find Matope?
[left-indent]Matope found me... I mean... Blue. She was the reason I was able to join Moonshop back in 2013; Sidouer was my first character that was designed and colored by her. Later that year she gave me an Acha that matched my character's color pallet. It has meant the world to me and I've held on to it since.[/left-indent]
What other types of pets do you collect?
[left-indent]I'm going to assume this means other CS's. I'm in Stygians, Hanging-Lights (just got my first weaver approved) and I have a few Verdeer.[/left-indent]
What are some of your other hobbies?
[left-indent]Writing has been a passion, however many of my RP partners have moved on and I've been trudging my way through forums trying to find a new setting to join.

Aside from writing, all of my hobbies really fall under the umbrella of "I can make that..." Sadly, I haven't had much time for hobbies lately or drive to do them. My joy comes from making things for people, little gifts or surprises to make them smile
  • Jewelcrafting - I do copper wire wrapping and make bracelets out of magatama beads that look like dragon scale or snake skin.
  • Leatherworking - This is a minor craft that I do with my husband.
  • Clay figures - mostly little fae dragons
  • Drawing - colored pencil, watercolor, Copic marker, charcoal... etc
  • Needle Felting - Something I'm kind of starting to get into
Note, just because I have a lot of hobbies doesn't mean I'm good at any of them lol[/left-indent]
What's your favorite TV Show/movie/podcast/band?
[left-indent]I've been watching several Korean and Chinese drama's on Netflix lately; Ice Fantasy, Meteor Garden, Record of Youth, The King, The Untamed etc.  My favorite movies include Avatar, Save the Last Dance, A Walk to Remember, The Mummy 1-3, A Knights Tale; I generally don't care for jump scare movies or horror. I don't really know many band names but my go-to is "Hey Alexa, play songs similar to Savage Garden"[/left-indent]

Holy crap I wrote a lot... I'm sorry :-X
word count: 789
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 2,032.86 Pebbles

Forum

Re: Hello... (totally not nervous at all... nope...)-lies

Post by Appeal »

Welcome to the swamp, Shanyume! Good to see you around here.

It's a good time to come back as there are quite a few winter events (lots of booths where you can win things, and a winter prompt you can write) you can take part in with your much-loved acha so be sure to check out that subforum!  :)
word count: 60
Shanyume
Pebbles: 17.00 Pebbles

Post by Shanyume »

Thank you, Appeal ♥

I'll take a look later today once I'm off work!
word count: 15
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 320.54 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1547

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

Hello and Welcome Back! Can't wait to see you in the forums and the discord :D
word count: 16
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,017.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Welcome back!
word count: 2
Hibiscus Mist
Pebbles: 441.00 Pebbles

Post by Hibiscus Mist »

Welcome back! I did almost the same as you so dont feel bad c:
word count: 14
blue
Owner
Owner
Pebbles: 1,565.06 Pebbles

Forum

Post by blue »

YAY! WB SHAN!!!
word count: 3
(icorn by amitotic!)
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,136.02 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Hi Shan!
word count: 2
FrostyPeaches
Pebbles: 5,166.32 Pebbles

Post by FrostyPeaches »

welcome back. i was so intimidated too back in 2013 and posted very little. but when i got gifted my first newbie kin in 2013 i knew i had to talk a little bit more in this shop. and i did.

if you have questions all the staff and regulars are very nice and helpful.

hope to see you around again and be able to make pairings with pretty much almost everyone ? (: lol

@Shanyume
word count: 74
Imagebocca della veritàImageAFK rolling in dragonSTONKSImage