[PRP] a seafoam silhouette [sleeps beneath/distant thunder]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,007.84 Pebbles

Forum

[PRP] a seafoam silhouette [sleeps beneath/distant thunder]

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgleft] Sleeps Beneath preferred the ocean. The water in the Swamp didn’t feel clean enough. It was too muddy and brown. There were always leaves floating about and she didn’t like the idea of frogs at all. She was certain they were somewhere in the water with their weird stretchy legs and big eyes. Slimy and gross.

But she couldn’t go a day without washing and so she had found herself a fairly decent pool fed by a nearby river that she had carefully removed some of the nastier debris from. But no matter how nice she made it look, this flat water it would leave her hair limp and sad. Seawater was always so much better.

Unfortunately, though her preference for bathing was definitely located at the coast and she adored the sand and sun and surf, it had its drawbacks. Food was difficult to come by for a lady who didn’t like to put in too much effort and the frequent storms were a nuisance.

So here she was in the Swamp, emerging from a pool, the midday light shining through the canopy, her body glistening with stray droplets, her mind consumed by the thoughts of frogs and how muddy her hooves still were.
word count: 219
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,645.96 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [PRP] a seafoam silhouette [sleeps beneath/distant thunder]

Post by Maxx »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... r_maxx.gif[/imgright]Today was a training day, Distant Thunder had decided, in the heat of the midday sun. Not that he minded the heat of the swamp - it was the humidity that clung to his sturdy frame as he jogged down the length of this randomly-chosen river, shaken off occasionally with a whip of his thick neck.

Adversity makes a buck of a foal, he repeated to himself as his hooves thumped down the soft shoreline of the swamp, but he was starting to think this was real bullshit.

He had to blink the sweat out of his eyes before he saw the fork, and by that point, he was thundering very pointedly towards the pool where a seafoam silhouette stood, a real momentum in his heavy hooves. He hoped his speedy clip made him look less, and not more, like a pervert.
@Ruriska New forum who dis
word count: 158
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Sleeps Beneath heard him first. Her head lifted, brow furrowing with a slow-forming frown as she puzzled over what seemed to be a rapidly approach of a Kiokote. Thundering hoofsteps, like the rumble of a storm, matching the sudden quickening of her heart. He was either very keen for his own bath or an obsessed stalker that had finally snapped.

Fight or flight? Her shoulders locked, chin lifting stubbornly. She was no shrinking violet. This was her pool until she was done, and she was very much not done - she was acutely aware that her hooves were still muddy and her hair was flat against her neck. There was a lot of primping yet to do.
Maxx wrote:@Maxx
omg hi lol
asl???
word count: 124
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"I am not a pervert," he called as he tried to slow his hooves, but they dragged through the soft muddy edge of the pool instead of skidding to a halt.

Eventually, he stopped, the tips of his front hooves delicately touching the water's rim. This may or may not have been grossly unfortunate, face to face with a wet, irate, but rather becoming doe.
The lovely mix of sea-inspired hues in her coat gave him pause, and his heart hammered like his hoofsteps had. Thunder was still chasing that seafoam silhouette, after all.

It was a very bad combination for Distant Thunder, who was not a pervert by his own oath. He had to do something about his terrible first impression.

"I apologise," he bowed his head low, almost touching his awkwardly placed front legs, "I was not expecting someone else on my running route, and let my legs run away with me."

He regretted that. He almost cringed, fullbodied, if he were not perched (contorted) on the water's edge.
@Ruriska
hot singles in your region
word count: 180
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

The Kiokote came to a halt at the edge of the pool, his hooves sinking into mud and his bulk feeling like an insurmountable barrier. Yes, she could easily just walk around him but that would be conceding something and Sleeps Beneath hated to concede anything at all.

Her sodden tail lifted, giving a flick of irritation. It was not an ideal apology. The bow was sufficiently low and he seemed contrite but he was still a presence in front of her and she was not pleased by the interruption to her bathing. Not to mention he sounded ridiculous. He was not endearing at all.

“Only a pervert would think to protest their innocence as their first sentence,” she told him, high and mighty looking down upon his bowed head. “And that is hardly a sufficient excuse. Step back, buck.”
big boy bucks and delicious does! swipe now!
word count: 151
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

If he were a younger buck, or indeed, the buck he was a while ago, he would immediately have snapped up, irate. No question, he was somewhat irked given the gracious positioning of his head, but he could acknowledge where he had gone wrong...somewhat. Even though it was an accident, a nagging little voice protested.

Still, a pelt of sea.

He ungritted his teeth as much as he could and stepped back, averting his eyes and turning, quietly scraping his muddied hooves off the short grass around.

"I try my best," he said with a slight sigh, "I hope your bath still proves pleasant despite my interruption."
@Ruriska
no bucks under 6'
(screaming noises)
word count: 115
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

She narrowed her eyes at him, suspicious. Maybe it was because he was too contrite but she sensed insincerity and it was irritating. It wasn’t a normal apology to dip your head so low. Was he mocking her?

“It is ruined now,” she declared.

Sleeps Beneath made a show of stepping out of the water, ever so delicately washing one hoof in the water at a time and trying to place it on the most solid ground she could find. They still squelched in the mud was they cleaner better than before.

Her hair she would fix later, when she had the time to primp and preen without an audience.

“If I were to go for a run along a river during the hottest part of the day in a well populated swamp, well... I would not be surprised to run into anyone at all,” she said, as if musing to herself. “In fact, I would expect to see somebody and wouldn’t charge straight at them like a thunderbolt.”
Maxx wrote:no does over 6'
find your perfect prince or princess!
word count: 183
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"Your logic is correct," he heard her step out of the mud squeamishly and unhappily, still facing away, "I was rather carried away by the pace and today's humidity. Very sticky, the shore."

There was a brief silence as he reminded himself of the circumstances, and decided, "it's a shame to have ruined your bath. Mayhaps I could make it up to you?
@Ruriska
I could literally just @ you somewhere without the quote box but it Breaks Immersion TM to have an @ and a weird message that isn't delineated at the bottom lmao
word count: 96
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

He was too agreeable.

Which was a strange thought, as normally an agreeable buck was the only type she bothered to spend time with. Perhaps it was the way it deflected her ire that annoyed her so.

Sleeps Beneath was tempted to tell him to leave but she didn’t want him getting away that easily. “Perhaps you can,” she said loftily. “I need somewhere clean and sunny to dry off. You can assist.”
The quote box is Very Important
word count: 83
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

He knew just the place, a little grove he'd discovered when his kiokote children were fussy foals, a patch of green shaded by tall trees with just enough sun to lull them into sleepy stupor. He had visited for a nap himself sometimes, over these years, and it was inland enough that the tide did not encroach, with a view of this river in the distance. He had good, lazy memories there, and he was about to share it with someone else.

He glanced back at her and her arched features, contemplating this significance.

"If you would kindly follow me," he nodded, gold eyes pensive, "I know just the place, and I hope it will be to your tastes."
@Ruriska
STATELY
word count: 122
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

The doe stepped past him and stopped, head tilted to look back.

"Well, lead the way then."

If this resting place was any good, she might just forgive him.
Maxx wrote:@Maxx long wait for tiny post  8)
word count: 37
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

When he led her there, his hoofsteps were confident, but far more gentle, briefly looking back to check her pace. When they stepped into the grove, sunbeams coming through in swathes between leaves, he turned around with a flourish of his tail.

"I found this place when my first clutch were foals," he reminisced, head tilting, "I would let them run, and the sun soon saw to their sleeping. Such a landscape, too."

He peered out the shade with deep satisfaction. It had kept well for a long time.
@Ruriska perfect lil post
word count: 93
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

She followed, and when they arrived she had to begrudgingly admit that it was indeed a lovely spot.

Sleeps Beneath stepped past him, placing her face into a patch of light, eyelids fluttering closed at the comforting warmth. The ground was green and welcoming, promising a good rest.

“You’ve had foals?” She asked, rousing herself with a gentle shake of her head and looking back at him. “Well,” she mused before he could reply, “I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.” He was handsome enough.

She sighed, big and loud, but -

“This is nice. Well done.”
Maxx wrote:@Maxx  *.*
word count: 100
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

Thunder pleasurably sat, a little heavy on his hooves, but tried to be quiet for her peace.

"I was half-expecting you to disdain it," he laughed, "but I'm happy it suits you enough."

"My foals were with a Swamp-born kiokote, a very kind one, when I had just arrived in the Swamp. I love her, tenderly, still. Though she was not the one."

He ended his speech most factually, barely having thought about what it sounded like as he enjoyed the grove, a little light spilling onto his back beyond the shade.
@Ruriska srsly i was like "is she gonna yell at him let's see  :D
word count: 109
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“I am not so petty,” Sleeps scoffed. “Though anywhere in the Swamp pales in comparison to the ocean, this at least, is very nice. Consider your earlier misconduct partly redeemed.”

She listened, only her ears betraying her interest as she decided where to lay and settled down on the soft grass, head tilted back to the sun.

“Do you really?” Only one eye was open, peering at him lazily. “Love her, that is. Or are you merely fond of the memory? Myself, I can’t say I’ve ever found the urge for love or offspring. Seems like too much of a fuss.”
It's his lucky day XD
word count: 112