✨Children of the Night ✨ TRIBE OPENING EVENT PG 2!

Groups of kin working on a similar goal.
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 399.04 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1547

Re: ✨Children of the Night ✨ TRIBE OPENING EVENT PG 2!

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

I’ll embrace the arms of night
Kin Name: Surrender to the Mystery
Position: Skywatcher
Background: Surrender and his sister believe the MotherFather speaks through the dance of her stars. Finding this tribe of likeminded kin felt like finding home. It wasn't a hard decision for them to choose to stay. Surrender has chosen to train as a skywatcher to further understand the language of the MotherFather.

Kin Name: As Gentle as Stars
Position: Forager
Background: Gentle didn't come with a set purpose or skillset she could apply but helping kin forage for edible plantlife and preparing meals suits her soul just fine.

word count: 112
Pandora Talie
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,437.66 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

Post by Pandora Talie »

Spinning around one another…
Kin Name: Drifting Between Stars

A celestial chance…
Username: Pandora Talie
Preference: black acha, purple acha, meti
Kin Name: Moon Moth, Starfarer (purp and meti)
Extra tickets: +3

A lone star, or twinkle in a star shower?
Kin Name: Catching Moondrops
Naming Dream: Moonlight shines on the droplet-filled leaves. I shake the branch and they shoot upwards. Sticking my tongue out I catch the moondrops.

You have attracted something through the dark…
Username: Pandora Talie
Roll: 11
word count: 82
kuropeco
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 429.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by kuropeco »

Kin Name: Sky Teller
Background: Like his name, Sky spends most of his time watching the stars and telling stories of their origin, whether to himself, his familiars, or anyone who cares to listen. In fact, sometimes he's so engrossed in his stories that he doesn't notice if people start to doze off as he continues to ramble...
word count: 69
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,302.24 Pebbles

Post by Tiarana »

A celestial chance…
Username: Tiarana
Preference: middle acha, kimeti
Kin Name: Heart's Glimmer
Extra tickets: nope

You have attracted something through the dark…
Username: Tiarana
Roll: 88
Last edited by Tiarana on Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 28
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,661.28 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

My tongue is filled with starlight…
Kin Name: Wrath of Stars
Preference List: bald girl, turquoise green buck, choker white and purple buck (far right)
Constellation Story: The kin of old were a little wild, reckless, and perhaps a little wasteful. In their march across the swamp, desert, seas, and mountains, they might have left a trail of destruction in their wake. For those overseeing the trend, they grew agitated, and soon the whisperings grew louder until action was taken. With a mighty yell, the sky broke and stars rained down upon the swamp and the errant kin. As a reminder, the Wrath of Stars creation hangs in the sky still.

Kin Name:Sky Point
Preference List: bald girl, turquoise green buck, choker white and purple buck (far right)
Constellation Story: The mountains and skies were more wild back then before time eroded their stiff peaks. A kin of incredible stamina and prowess climbed the highest summit and when they got there, they were able to touch their nose to the sky. To commemorate such a momentous feat of skill and climbing mastery, the MotherFather created that memory in the sky and thus the Sky Point constellation was born.

Kin Name: Falling out of Existence
Preference List:bald girl, turquoise green buck, choker white and purple buck (far right)
Constellation Story: With lashes long enough to wink at the moon, the Great Furbody constellation sees all, and in its benevolence, grants the swamp useful boons. This constellation travels the sky and shows up randomly. It often hides behind night clouds only to come into view brieflybefore seemingly winking out of existence. It's considered an omen of changes to come if a kin spies it in the sky.

Last edited by fluo on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 300
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,515.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Kin Name: Stargarden
Position: Friend of the Night
Background: He's been around as long as the tribe has existed, wandering around in the night. He still doesn't understand the nuisances of a tribe but he's known to lounge as a fairy dragon on kin, or float around as a sparkling jellyfish.

Kin Name: Connect the Stars
Background: Connect the Stars is one of Stargarden's children, and she would follow her father around. This led her to the tribe, a place that appreciates the constellations as much as her.
word count: 108
kuropeco
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 429.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by kuropeco »

Kin Name: A Little Bit of Starlight
Preference List: purple buck, teal buck, purple doe
Constellation Story: "The Motherfather," he said, "often weeps for us here, down in the swamp. Sometimes there isn't much that can be done; sometimes we must make our own choices and may the consequences be as they may. When it rains, that is the Motherfather sharing our sorrow. And when it's clear out, and the sky can be seen across the mountains and the rivers and the lakes, sometimes we look up and we can see the Motherfather's tear and we know then that that is a tear of happiness, not of sadness. When you are alone, and you feel as though you can never be happy again, just know that the Motherfather cries of joy that we simply exist."

word count: 144
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,095.62 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

The opening event is now CLOSED to new entries to contests, although of course you’re welcome to enter kin to the tribe at any time. THANK YOU SO MUCH I have LOVED seeing all the entries and new additions to the tribe, I really have my work cut out for me in the judged contests.
word count: 56
profile art by ezzerie
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

Rolling dice for wolves (I think)
Dice rolls
[61, 91] = 152
2d100:  [
] = 152
word count: 6
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

HUGE Thank you to EVERYONE who entered and who have submitted kin to the tribe! I loved reading all the names, stories, characters and ideas you guys came up with, every single one of these was a TOUGH decision, you’re all so creative and talented!! And thank you everyone for your patience, it was a crazy couple of weeks but I’m finally able to wrap this up!

First off, the constellation naming contest! There were genuinely so, SO many good entries, I really loved reading them, it was incredibly hard to decide who to pick, but me and Ami have decided that these three are joining the family:
Owlsomniac wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:15 pmKin Name: Tripping Moonbeams Wild
For your story about the sky fish, you take home the seafoam buck!
Scaramouche Fandango wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 amKin Name: Distant Light
For your story about the horned brother, you take home the dark doe!
Ruriska wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:14 amKin Name: Undying Star
For your story about the frog, you take home the pale buck!

For Kuro’s twin’s twin, the name she chose was…
Toshiful wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:39 pm Kin Name: From Here to Infinity
You take home the twin!

For the naming contest for the lone sibling, after a LOT of debate myself and Kuro went with…
Prolixity wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:09 pmKin Name: Out Past The Stars
You take home this doe!

Which brings me to the raffles! Entires are:

1. Kalahari
2. Kalahari
3. Scaramouche Fandango
4. Kuropeco
5. Kuropeco
6. Lirilei
7. Lirilei
8. Lirilei
9. Lirilei
10. Elsendor
11. Elsendor
12. Dizzy_Kat
13. Dizzy_Kat
14. Dizzy_Kat
15. Izaeah
16. Izaeah
17. Izaeah
18. Izaeah
19. Appeal
20. Appeal
21. Appeal
22. Pandora Talie
23. Pandora Talie
24. Pandora Talie
25. Pandora Talie
26. Tiarana

I’ll roll for these now and quote the winners and the wolf winners in the next post!

All kin will be certed ASAP - I will double check names to make sure everyone’s happy that the name suits the kin they ended up with. Thank you all SO much for joining in with the opening festivities, I can’t wait to keep the excitement going as we move into the winter market - look out for news about what the tribe will be doing for that and how you might get involved very soon!
Dice rolls
[12, 23, 9] = 44
3d26:  [
] = 44
Last edited by subducting on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 416
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

RAFFLE WINNERS
Dizzy_Kat wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:48 pm Preference: Black Acha, Purple Acha, Kimeti
Kin Name: Eyes on the Horizon
You take home the dark buck!
Pandora Talie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:06 pm Kin Name: Moon Moth, Starfarer (purp and meti)
You take home the purple buck!
Lirilei wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:24 pmKin Name: chasing daylight (dark acha), frozen fog
You take home the blue buck!

My rolls for the wolf raffle were 61 and 91, so the two closest people (once taking out people who already won things) were:
AMItotic wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:38 pmRoll: 73
and
Anhelisk wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:45 am Roll: 92
Ami if you let me know which of the two wolves you’d like:

Image Image

Thank you EVERYONE for participating, so much, I LOVED running this event and I hope you all enjoyed taking part! Thank you so much to Starrydance, Kuropeco and AMItotic who generously allowed me to use offspring from our breedings in this event! I’d like to extend a particular public thanks to Kuro for helping me out with organisation and graphics, this wouldn’t have been nearly as smooth without your incredibly generous assistance.

All kin are part of clutches and will be certed as soon as possible!
word count: 224
LOLLI qAq
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 943.96 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=863

Post by LOLLI qAq »

Kin Name: Far-Reaching Flames
Background: I have an idea about how she joined- I'll DM you on discord about it in a bit. Her naming dream was of her falling up through the sky as bursts of stars(nebulas) formed wings behind her. She ... covets the stars, as she's a dragon, so she's always been nocturnal so that she could keep an eye on them. But she knows now she can't have the stars, and so she interprets them.
word count: 93