[Solo] Water tastes different in different places (Gaia transfer)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,105.00 Pebbles

Forum

[Solo] Water tastes different in different places (Gaia transfer)

Post by Lirilei »

A giggle, a step of hoof dancing along the rocks, head dipping and the rock that had a sizeable dent in it was dipped into the water.

"Good, clean fresh water for my precious baby. Not that nasty, gross stagnant stuff too close to home. No, no. That's not good for her. Not a bit."

The buck carefully shook his head as he finished getting water onto the rock, and started the longer than he truly cared for, but not as long as it could have been walk back to his precious plants, walking slowly, carefully so he didn't spill a single drop of the water he carries. Once there he slowly tilts the rock at the base of a plant that was lovingly tended by him, the rock sat down, and he nuzzling at the greenery oh so carefully.

"Don't worry sweetheart. I brought you water, and I'll bring more. I know you're so very thirsty and you have to wait such a horribly long time for me to get there and come back, but I'll do it as often as I need to, so you're not thirsty." he nuzzled at the plant again, before he was looking over his shoulder with a coy smile, and a giggle. "Don't worry, I didn't forget about you either. I'll bring you water as well. You know I love you too."

A few dancing steps over to another plant that he bent and nuzzled affectionately. "But you won't like the water I brought her, my love. No. No. It's too sweet for you. You like the stronger water from the other place. The one with the strange smell and taste to it. Not the clear, sweet water she likes." he continued to nuzzle at the plant a moment, cooing at it in sweet words of succor, before he was picking up another rock in his mouth.

"Now don't fuss sweetling, he needs water too. You had a drink already, now let me get him a drink, and then I'll get you more. You're so thirsty, don't worry, I won't let you stay that way much longer, but let him have his drink first." he was back to nuzzling the first plant, attempting to soothe it, as if it might be pouting at him like an unhappy lover or child, cooing sweet words of love and devotion to it.

"That's a good girl. You know you don't like his water, it's not sweet enough for you. Last time I gave it to you, you got mad at me, and wouldn't talk for days, and shrank away from me. I don't want you to do that again precious, no. So I'll get him his water that you hate, so he can relax a little, then I'll come back and get you more of the water you like. I know, it takes so long, but the pool you both liked has gone bad. The water there is dead, no life. I can't risk it killing the two of you." another nuzzle at the plants before he was walking off in another direction to get water for the second plant, and perhaps himself. Focused though he might be on his plants, he knew he also needed water and he planned to stop at a smaller pool along the way to the strong water. The water there was cool but plain. No other flavor to it. Just there, and it was all he'd need to slake his thirst.

(586 words)
word count: 609