[B] The Pointy End [Your Eyes / Beauty Past Compare]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,568.02 Pebbles

Forum

[B] The Pointy End [Your Eyes / Beauty Past Compare]

Post by Maxx »

In her increasing years of existence and a few experiences later, Your Eyes found herself somewhat more relaxed about her partial Totoma heritage, especially with the gradual increase of kin wandering around being a healthy mix of every species in the swamp. She had begun to start feeling more amicable towards the jutting plate of her eyescale, and had the courage to look directly at her reflection in water. With time, her insecurities had eased.

Then she saw that hot big buck with the big Totoma horns and one thing led to another, and another thing had led to her belly being quite heavy indeed. Certainly, she could see that Totoma features were quite attractive on other kin, especially in the configuration he had them. She was at peace and cheerily curious about what their own children would be like, until the morning sickness really kicked in and she was almost certain but not quite that she could feel some - movement? Whether it was a forming egg, or sac, or Motherfather-forbid lambs? Something was happening and she started to feel quite nervous about the developing babies and their potential extra keratin. She was, in her opinion, pregnant enough.

But one could never be too careful.

As such, Your Eyes found herself wandering about bigger groups of kin, something she hadn't quite dared to do before given her (unnecessary tbh) insecurities, hoping that she would find a Legendary to ease her practical concerns. Given how pregnant she was, she couldn't wander very far. By this point, she was waddling. She had waddled about enough today that she meandered towards a clearing near the river, looking to rest her upset hooves.

"Oh!" She said, waddling straight into another soft Acha doe, and falling back.

"Watch where you're - oh," It started hard, but quickly turned gentle, and...somewhat scheming? Your Eyes wasn't sure.

"You are very pregnant," Beauty Past Compare said speculatively, her pups crowded around her. So this was her duty for today. She'd walked straight into it.

"Come come, make her comfortable," she sang to her critters, who immediately left to crowding around Your Eyes, barking(?) with enthusiasm and squashing their fuzzy bodies against her. The long one helpfully curled around, propping her sore back up as she laid on the grass. Your Eyes was unsure of the clicking beaks on a couple of them, but she wasn't going to ask when it was so close to her face.

"Yes, I am," she said queryingly, because honestly it wasn't hard to tell she was very pregnant.

"Congratulations," Beauty Past Compare said with generous pleasure, "was he very hot?"

"He was a warm buck, yes."

"Handsome."

"Oh yes."

"Very handsome?"

"Yes, very handsome."

Well, she was not very fun, but she was very pregnant. That could be forgiven.

"And yet, you are afraid."

Your Eyes looked torn, looking down at her belly (which was currently helpfully supported by the...actual dog) and looked back up at her.

"Yes, probably because I am very pregnant."

"Lots of kin go through childbirth," Beauty said dismissively, "plenty survive."

"But the horns," she said, tilting her head up as explanation.

"Oh, they grow in later." Beauty was edumacated.

Your Eyes lapsed into relieved silence. If only someone had told her this months ago.

"Well, but if you're here," she said pleadingly, staring into her glowing eyes, "could I - could I ask for a safe birth, please?"

Beauty shook herself out and up with pride, because she had asked for so little so nicely. If every blessing candidate had been so considerate, I wouldn't have much to write about she would be very happy giving them away.

"Motherfather, based one,
your children ask naught for much,
assuage this mother's fears
and let the birth be free of..."

She wished she had thought harder about this one. This was a really bothersomely boring rhyme.

"...tears."

Oh well. Time for the ululation.

Your Eyes, to her vapid credit, clapped her swollen ankles together with as much enthusiasm she could muster (and as much range of moment she had being boxed in by Beauty's pups).

"Best of luck with your clutch, child," Beauty graciously kissed her forehead, before beckoning her critters back with a cheery "come on my puppies," and leaving like a fever dream.

Your Eyes watched her go, and wondered if they were all really dogs.
word count: 740