Chosen Family

Write stories as told by your kin, either to fill Legendary requirements or just for fun.
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,210.70 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1300

Chosen Family

Post by Astraea »

In Harmony was in a rare position. She was in a pack of other kin who had gathered to tell stories. A large fire crackled even in the warm night. A foal had just finished speaking about their family, their brothers and sisters, their parents, and how grateful they were to be born into thier family. They couldn't fathom how they could have found anyone better.

Harmony's heart felt like it would burst. The doe felt warmth in her chest and she suddenly stood; words rolled up from her core and spilled out; a rush of emotion and desperation to be heard.

"But the joy of chosen family is in the deep and meaningful connections we form with creatures and others who may not be related to us by blood, but who become an important part of our lives!

My wise old owl Painted would perch on a towering tree, her feathers glistening under the warm sunlight. Her eyes are filled with a gentle wisdom, and her hoots resonate with the peaceful rhythm of the forest. Whenever a lost animal stumbles upon her path, Painted guides them to me and they are welcomed into our family.

My playful squirrel Tree Mouse scurries about the swamp, spreading joy wherever he goes. He will perform acrobatic feats on tree branches, chasing his own tail in a never-ending dance of happiness! When sadness fills me, Tree Mouse will jump onto my shoulders, whispering words of encouragement, and reminding me of the simple joys that lay hidden within every moment.

My humble foxbun Fleet Feet, with his soft fur and gentle demeanor, hops through the swamp with quiet grace. He will sit beside me, listening with genuine interest to anything I have to say. Fleet never judges but offers understanding and compassion. In his presence, I find solace and healing. Fleet Feet reminds me that Motherfather's love is found in the quiet moments of connection with any and all living things.

My chosen family members accept me for who I am, flaws and all. They provide me with a sense of belonging and support, even when others struggle to understand me. The unconditional love and acceptance creates a profound sense of joy and reminds me of how good the Motherfather is to us all. I could tell you so many stories of each of them! I can tell you how I met each and every one of them! They are there for me in times of need. They offer a shoulder to lean on, lend an empathetic ear, and provide valuable guidance even if not everyone understands them. They are my safe place where we can express myself freely without fear of judgment or rejection. I can be myself and vulnerable, knowing that I am surrounded by those who genuinely care about me.

So you know, no matter what, surround yourself with those you love and who love you. You deserve no less. No matter what your family looks like, or how you came into them, they are YOUR family. Love them, accept them, charish them, and you will never feel you are lacking! Blood is not the only connection!"

The doe blinked and then turned red. She did not often wax poetic about how she felt about her familars, especially to other kin. She shuffled her forehooves anxiously and murmurmed;

"Thats..uhm..that's all I have to say about that, I guess. S..s..sorry."
word count: 577