Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - Week 5 now open!

Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,086.78 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - Week 1 rolled, Week 2 Now!

Post by Beejoux »

A BOND WITH MY OTHER HALF
Kin Name: Image
AU Name: Brock Sharp
AU Familiar: A snarky, foul tempered badger named Bart.
AU Personality: A trader by nature. Brock makes a living and a life for himself traveling from port to port. He's a collector, and an opportunist, always wheeling and dealing in what he claims to be rare goods and relics. Buying passage on ships to hop from place to place around the globe.
Art: Optional!

AU Name: Opaline Fable
AU Familiar: A quiet and elusive sphinx cat named Mist. If they talk at all, they talk only in whispers to Opaline.
AU Personality: Free spirited and deeply spiritual, Opaline is a fortune teller and soothsayer that travels in a large group of like-minded vagabonds. They do not settle in one spot for long, but are always on the go, always looking for fresh opportunities that may, or may not be entirely above board
word count: 166
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,192.72 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

AU Name: Gracie Colt
AU Familiar: A bison bull called Bluestem
AU Personality: No-nonsense, plain and simple. Works hard, rarely plays, but takes a lot of pride and pleasure in her work. She doesn't come into town much; she's extremely self-conscious about the size of her daemon, but accepts her own limitations. Plus, what's there in town that's worth leaving the range for? She works massive herds of cattle, mostly not her own, although she does have a farmstead of her own with some rare-breed livestock and a healthy vegetable garden. If she owns a dress, nobody has ever seen it. Very quiet- not self-absorbed, really, and not the most reflective, but she just doesn't feel the need to comment often.
Art:

AU Name: Richard Colt
AU Familiar: A kangaroo rat named Clementine
AU Personality: Rich couldn't be more different than his half-sister. A rhinestone cowboy, he's all hat and no cattle. He's a charmer and a real sweetheart, but about as useless as an udder on a bull when it comes to working a ranch. Fortunately, he doesn't need to get his hands dirty much; he's a hotelier, not a herdsman. He's just the guy you want helping you out when you're finding your way around the city as a tourist, and he's really keen on hopping into help wherever he can.
Art:
Last edited by Scaramouche Fandango on Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 258
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,453.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

AU Name: Wanda Grey
AU Familiar: Comfort, a very gentle and affectionate bluespotted ribbontail ray.
AU Personality: She's a marine biologist that specializes in the breeding patterns and rehabilitation of threatened of Chondrichthyes! She really enjoys the research aspect of it all, but her eyes really light up when she's in the water, either in the wild or in the aquariums. Comfort enjoys resting in her lap while she works, and swims excitedly around her when they're in the water. Wanda is a quiet, kind woman that puts all of her nurturing disposition into helping the animals she studies.

AU Name: Liliana Gennaro
AU Familiar: A Grand Terre Leachieanus Gecko named Leap. They are very curious and full of energy. Mostly, they crawl all over Liliana, but the moment they see an interesting place to be, they fling themselves through the air. Very communicative, even if not speaking in Common to Liliana. The gecko can often be heard making strange, bark-like noises.
AU Personality: Liliana definitely has Twitch Streamer energy. She's bubbly and entertaining! She streams video games regularly and delights in the fun she has with her community and other creators she hangs out with. Her chat also really enjoy watching Leap's antics and have a bot to keep track of how many times she's lost a round or died in a game because of "Leap Interference."
word count: 255
Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

AU Name: Rein
AU Familiar: Cute Reindeer
AU Personality: Dash Away is a friendly, bouncy, and fluffy reindeer that enjoys cheering on anything! She takes comfort in her family and seeing/hearing about them thrive; whether she is with them or not.

AU Name: Darcy
AU Familiar: name and other details
AU Personality: Delicate Garden is a combination of calm and proper. She enjoys being in a field of gardens and surrounded by pretty flowers.
word count: 95
Niyaru
Pebbles: 997.10 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: kittycat-fiend

Post by Niyaru »

AU Name: Kadmus
AU Familiar: A rather large wolf with black sleek fur with piercing silver eyes that would remind one of the moon. Kadmus blessed him with the name Erebus as he is both his companion and protector.
AU Personality: If you could describe him in one word, it would be passionate. He feels very strongly about love, loyalty, and life itself. He is driven to be his best, self-motivated to cure his curiosity about the world and not one to give up easily. He loves to read and learn things he would otherwise not know. He hates to be alone and so Erebus is always with him even if he isn't right next to him, Erebus is always close to Kadmus.
word count: 135
Ryuukishin
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 4,790.02 Pebbles

Post by Ryuukishin »

AU Name: Yasin Lin
AU Familiar: Grackle; pristine and endlessly charming.
AU Personality: Friendly, opportunistic, with a way of dressing that is subdued but undoubtedly refined, it's no surprise to any that know him that his familiar took on the shape of a grackle. Much of his time is spent mingling with the upper crust, though none can say for sure how he got there.

AU Name: Kye Sutherland
AU Familiar: Falcon; cold and guarded.
AU Personality: Kye serves as a ranger guarding public greenlands from poachers. She prefers the solitude and the hunt, but can be civil when necessary.
word count: 121
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,643.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Maxx »

AU Name: Brook
AU Familiar: Aaaa the white, fluffy, sharp and eternally angry mid-sized cat.
AU Personality: Brook has been on an eternal quest to find his family after he discovered he had more siblings while bouncing around in the system from foster home to foster home. A quiet, determined and good-hearted lad, he did not choose his snarling nightmare of a kitten-and-now-much-more-dangerous-grown-cat familiar. It found him and hung on with its impressive claws. Under his placid exterior, however, Brook understands it. He understands its anger.
word count: 105
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

AU Name: Emberly Waysitter
AU Familiar: a pale fallow deer called Cry
AU Personality: Emberly is a dreamy, soft sort of a person, but it would be a mistake to think she’s absent minded or easily fooled. She’s quite aware of the world around her- that’s what prompts her to retreat into fantasy and escapism.

AU Name: Hestonia Newton, everyone calls her Newt
AU Familiar: A sleek black cat with thick fluffy fur called Blitzen
AU Personality: Newt is a bit of a mad scientist. She researches strange and mysterious phenomena and is definitely on the morally ambiguous side. Her thirst for knowledge trumps everything, so naturally her familiar is the most curious animal, a cat.
word count: 139
Muffinsbaby
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,216.28 Pebbles

Post by Muffinsbaby »

AU Name: Katrien
AU Familiar: A golden lioness named Sien
AU Personality: Quiet but confident, no-nonsense type Gyptian. Independent and fiercely loyal, and as protective of Sien as the lioness is of her, she sells her services as a bodyguard or sell-sword.
word count: 54
Toshiful
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,726.68 Pebbles

Forum

Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art!

Post by Toshiful »

AU Name: Jax
AU Familiar: A jackal named Parle with a sense of humor and sharp teeth.
AU Personality: Always with his fingers in some unsavoury business or another, does back-alley trades and bargains. Lives fast, love the night. Not bad-natured, in the end. Teasing and clever, but his schemes go to help those that need it most. Soft spot for those that are down on their luck. Ruthless with predators. Quick, sharp, bright.
Art:

AU Name: Sebastian
AU Familiar: An intense, obsessive owl named Videlle.
AU Personality: A lawyer, fastidious and with a sharp tongue. Precise and with a great eye for detail. The personal attack dog for one individual in particular. Goes through paperwork in great quantities, most at home at his desk.
Art:
word count: 144
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 182.86 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

AU Name: Link
AU Familiar: Erryn, the Golden Retriever
AU Personality: The appointed bodyguard of the Princess Zelda, Link is an accomplished fighter, a loyal friend, and a little bit mischievous. He enjoys exploring and cooking, but he loves making the princess laugh most of all. Even if it takes kissing a frog. Or five. Maybe it was twenty? Meanwhile, Erryn is a happy go lucky Golden Retriever who has made it her mission to make sure that Link doesn't ever forget to enjoy life; duty and dedication need not be all one lives for.

AU Name: Zelda
AU Familiar: Ihsan, the Fox
AU Personality: Princess Zelda is an enthusiastic scholar, or that's what she'd prefer to be. The cold air of superiority and politics does not suit her and she continually struggles, feeling that she is nothing but a disappointment. Forever compared to her long passed mother with a strict father, she wants nothing more than to escape the shackles of expectation. Ihsan, an albino Red Fox, is all the mischief that the princess wishes she could be. He is a troublemaker, who does he best to crash whatever gathering he can so that the princess can be dismissed. He himself is a bit of an outlier as the royal family has always had bird daemons, he takes it to mean that the monarchy could use a lot more nuance.
word count: 254
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 2,024.64 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

AU Name: Aslynn
AU Familiar: Samoyed Dog
AU Personality: Aslynn is a kind and gentle girl who works at an animal shelter. She fosters many of the animals, and often will make room for more to free up space in the shelter.

AU Name: Dr. Hoshino
AU Familiar: Red-crowned Crane
AU Personality: A doctor specializing in cognitive neuropsychiatry with an addiction to hallucinogens.
word count: 80
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,427.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1300

Post by Astraea »

AU Name: Haisley
AU Familiar: A fluffy black cat named Shorty
AU Personality: A plush room, colors of deep reds and blacks. Everything is cushioned from the furniture to the walls. But it's not for what you think. This is just Hae's style. She revels in the dark colors, the warmth from everything being plush and soft, and how all sounds are muffled from the outside. Shorty can't complain, she lays around just as much as her mistress in the comfort and squish. If Hae had a tail, theirs would swish in synchronization. Maybe Haisley was a cat in her former life, that was her theory anyway. Luxury, softness, and warmth, that was all either of them wanted.

AU Name: John
AU Familiar: A little sparrow he just calls Bird.
AU Personality: John just likes to play his guitar. He has no attachments, no fixed address. The modern age has provided his wandering soul the freedom to go wherever it pleased while being able to provide for himself. For him it is a golden age of life. Bird is just something that hitched along during his early days. He fed it and let it loose where-ever he camped, but Bird always came back. And so two souls continue to ride the wind in whatever direction it blew.
word count: 241
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,398.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

AU Name: Quiet Osmosis
AU Familiar: Giant Tardigrade
AU Personality: In the shadows he keeps to himself as if on standby for the world at large.
Art:

AU Name: Languid Linguine
AU Familiar:nautilus
AU Personality: With time on their side, they can afford to go with the flow.
Art:
word count: 66
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

AU Name: Maximillia
AU Familiar: A Humbolt squid named Credit
AU Personality: A hardworking lab assistant currently working on a project involving creating synthetic versions of organic chemicals. She is serious about her work and has a chip on her shoulder about not getting recognized for the things she does. A little short-tempered (but that's just stress, she's usually chill, unless someone's being a dumbass) and a little curious about everything, Max wishes she had the opportunity (though mostly money) to be able to pursue whatever strikes her fancy as opposed to what puts food on the table.
word count: 112