Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - Week 5 now open!

peanutbutter
Pebbles: 649.58 Pebbles

Forum

Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art!

Post by peanutbutter »

A BOND WITH MY OTHER HALF
Kin Name: Image
AU Name: Somer Beithir
AU Familiar: A California red-sided garter snake - he is named Zarin.
AU Personality: Somer is a two-faced sneak - outwardly she is a friendly, bubbly, and confident socialite, well known for being vain and a gossip, always looking to climb the social ladder. But to closer friends and confidants, she is a poison maker with a rather gray sense of morality and a moral compass that seems to be more broken than anything resembling functional. She's loyal to those who she cares about - and still carries her socialite energy with her a lot of the time - but her smiles are more sly than sweet, with those who know her best.
Art:

AU Name: Soleil
AU Familiar: A red cardinal named Lune.
AU Personality: Bold, ambitious, and ready to make a name for herself, Soleil is an underground model looking for her moment to make it big. She works hard to grasp every opportunity she can, and is sure to get somewhere - at least, if she doesn't burn herself out before that big moment comes.
Art:
Last edited by peanutbutter on Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 198
AMItotic
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 433.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=769

Post by AMItotic »

AU Name: Seraphina Quill
AU Familiar: A golden peacock named Maximilian
AU Personality: Seraphina Quill is an aristocrat, the only daughter of a baron who wants for nothing and whose only task is to arrange soirees that flaunt the wealth of her family's estate. She has a reputation for being vain and vapid, and in many ways this is true. However, in the midst of all her gatherings she gleans hidden trade information from associates and rivals, sending hidden messages to informants in the wings with subtle movements of her telltale fan while Maximilian dazzles and displays his brilliant and rare plumage.
Art: n/a

AU Name: Mortimer Clark
AU Familiar: A massive, well-groomed and well-fed opossum who Mortimer softly refers to as "Sweet Tacita".
AU Personality: Mortimer is a wall of a man trying to fit into a space two sizes too small. He shrinks his broad shoulders and slumps his back and speaks in soft, quiet tones, walking with a bit of a limp that he earned in the war some time ago. By trade he's a tailor, but in another life he was a field medic, and he is quite certainly haunted by the things that returned with him from the fight. He dotes on Tacita as if she were a princess, gives her bows and fine baubles, and keeps her close--many people misunderstand opossums, think of them as dirty, when in truth they're often the ones clearing the world of ticks and disease.
Art: n/a
word count: 272
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,220.54 Pebbles

Post by Tiarana »

AU Name: Holly Cook
AU Familiar: Callan, a large, black dog
AU Personality: Holly Cook is a university student who is majoring in psychology. Blind since birth, she relies on her dog familiar to guide and protect her. She flits among her social circle and goes to classes during the day, but when the sun goes down she can usually be found on the dancefloor at the hottest parties on campus. Despite her propensity for staying up all night, she still manages to maintain decent grades overall (probably because she sleeps all morning.) She can be a manic at times and tends to work in short, fervent bursts.
Art:
word count: 117
Arashi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,856.90 Pebbles

Post by Arashi »

AU Name: Xander Hwei
AU Familiar: Shoebill stork by the name of Rex
AU Personality: Xander's as intimidating as his familiar, and he knows it. For sure he can come across as arrogant - and deservedly so - but it's the quieter sort of arrogance that cloaks him as casually as one might talk about the weather. Xander's got no qualms with pushing himself and is an avid fighter that's been making some hushed noise with his own underground ring; he talks a big game but can back it up. He runs it with the same ruthless cunning that comes out of his mouth in the form of words: brutal and cutting. One might think a wolf or bear would be better suited for Xander, Rex can quickly put those thoughts to rest with his intimidating stare that might as well spell death for the recipient.
Art: Optional!

AU Name: Larkin Nordstrom
AU Familiar: A colourful Budgie named Lyra
AU Personality: Bright, bubbly, and a vivacious singer who's currently recovering from nodule surgery. Lyra's been more of a blessing than she already was, as the Parakeet has a fairly extensive vocabulary and will happily repeat what Larkin whispers to her.
word count: 222
Formerly ArashiX on Gaia!
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,670.70 Pebbles

Post by Lutz »

AU Name: Roscoe Forscythe
AU Familiar: Persimmon, a barred owl
AU Personality: Roscoe is a steady, persistent person who takes things slowly but usually gets where he wants to go. Persimmon - Roscoe calls her Percy for short - is very high energy and is always pushing Roscoe to do more, and do it faster! They are an odd pair at first glance as it seems they get on one another's nerves more often than not, but they are each other's greatest strength and they are aware of that. Roscoe relies on Percy for motivation and urgency while Percy needs Roscoe's rational and calm way of doing things to slow her down and keep her anxiety at minimum.

AU Name: Sean Byrne
AU Familiar: Cormac, a red deer
AU Personality: Sean and Cormac are truly two kindred spirits. They are fighters, short tempered, and stubborn. But for all that they share, there are some stark differences between the two. Sean is loyal and honorable, ready to lay down his life for a friend. He gives so much of himself for others that often times he has nothing left for himself. Cormac, on the other hand, is selfish and a cut throat. He hates seeing Sean do so much for so little and often has to talk him down from stretching himself too thin. He is Sean's shoulder devil, keeping him in check from being too much of a goodie two shoes, as Cormac likes to say.
word count: 268
Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,058.76 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

AU Name: Ahin
AU Familiar: A panther or feline in the matope verse
AU Personality: Panther is an arrogant buck to most but not his mate.

AU Name: Vivi
AU Familiar: Bunny
AU Personality: Cute and unsure. Bunny Rabbit does have trauma from being abandoned by her family but keeps that very hidden.
word count: 73
Moonstone Dazzle
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,341.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Moonstone Dazzle »

AU Name: Liam
AU Familiar: Hummingbird
AU Personality: Liam is a gentle giant. He wants to live a calm, unassuming life more than anything with a partner. Liam runs a flower shop, and loves every moment. Don't let him get started about his personal plant collection, or you'll never get him to stop talking.
word count: 64
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,032.32 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

AU Name: Hazel Hollis
AU Familiar: An orange tabby cat that's on the smaller side of things named Skip who likes to spend time draped across the back of his neck and across his shoulders whenever possible. Skip is a quiet, calming presence in his busy life and helps him to remember to stop and take a moment to breathe every now and again.
AU Personality: Hazel is a model who has a soft spot for giving back to those who need it. A smaller community theater? He'll be there doing something to help them raise funds. A new small mom and pop business? He's there and bringing his family and friends along with to help them build up their consumer base.
Art: Hazel done up on an avatar site

AU Name: Alpine Hughes
AU Familiar: A large grey parrot named Pepper because that bird is spicy! Pepper has picked up words and phrases that Alpine is unsure the hows, but he rolls with it. Unfortunately Pepper has decided he needs to be Alpine's wing-bird and hits on everyone for Alpine. ('Damn I can see you want to climb that man like a tree' has been uttered a few times. Usually when Pepper realizes Alpine is checking out a hot, tall man. Or 'Woo girl, are you tired? Because you've been running through his mind all day!') his well meaning bird hinders more than helps unfortunately.
AU Personality: Alpine is an ornithologist, but also sort of helps out at a pet store (all because he's got a thing for the guy who usually works there and how better to get closer to that tall tree of a man?) but really, he loves birds to no end and likes educating people who come into the store on how to best care for their avian friends.
Art: Alpine done up on an avatar site
word count: 335
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,201.10 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

AU Name: Sinovia Saint-Margaret
AU Familiar: Juju, an Argentine black and white tegu
AU Personality: An intrepid adventurer who doesn't take no for an answer, herpetologist extraordinaire Dr. Saint-Margaret travels the world in search of rare reptiles. For science. She is technically under the employ of a natural history museum, and moonlights at the zoo. She is a passionate, excitable woman who clings to nostalgia while always looking forward. She's far more excited about animals than people, and is actually quite easily overwhelmed when in complicated or crowded social situations. Her comfort zone is talking about her explorations and the animals she works with, and getting out of that comfort zone is one of her biggest challenges.
Art:
Last edited by Scaramouche Fandango on Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 130
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,201.10 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

AU Name: Joachim Subrosa
AU Familiar: Satsuma, a capybara
AU Personality: A quiet, thoughtful man born into a family of far more flamboyant actors, dancers, and performers, Joachim is the stage manager for his father's illustrious theatre. Wary of the spotlight, his calm nature and reticence shouldn't be mistaken for shyness; rather, he prefers to be a calm rock in a sea of chaos. He serves as support for his flightier siblings and relatives, and is happiest when he can ensure that everything goes off without a hitch. He loves entertainment and treasures the audience, and does his best to make sure their experience seems like a miracle. In his spare time, he likes to read and collect poetry from different cultures, and he's a huge fan of opera.
Art:
word count: 141
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 53.90 Pebbles

Post by Aria Starstone »

AU Name: Rose Darkwater
AU Familiar: Kalen, a giant river Otter who rarely spoke around strangers, but when he did, it was always an uncomfortable truth he had observed that he said.
AU Personality: Rose is a quiet type, observing strangers with caution, but when amongst those she knows and trusts, she flips, talking and laughing with open delight. Her observational skills are definitely what she is best at, but she has no idea of how to use them for a living, and instead simply works as a model, because it lets her be silent and pretty, and watch.
word count: 109
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 320.54 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1547

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

Kin Name: Speed RacerImage
AU Name: Zarike Antonakis
AU Familiar: Emerald Tree Boa - Dorado
AU Personality: Zarike is a young boy currently living in an all boys boarding school. His daemon Dorado is still able to shift, but spends most of her time in the form of a large green serpent draped over his shoulders or sunning nearby while he plays. Zarike is everywhere all the time. It's impossible for him to sit still for longer than a few minutes and is often the first person to loudly answer a teachers given question (without raising his hand first), the last to realize that recess is over, and the first person to throw hands whenever he sees anything that his young mind interprets as bullying. He has earned himself more than a few infirmary stays with his act-first/think-later lifestyle.
word count: 150
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,007.84 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

AU Name: Desdemona
AU Familiar: A curious raven named Mort that will go for the eyes if you give him the slightest chance.
AU Personality: Often described as ‘the face of death’, Des is small, pale and looks like she just crawled out of a grave. Perpetually exhausted, she lives off coffee and anything to stave off her chronic migraines. She cleans crime scenes for a living and has seen every gruesome thing under the sun. Despite everything, she had a very determined personality, some would say obstinate, and always tackles her problems without flinching. Breeds worms as a hobby.

AU Name: Beatrice
AU Familiar: The perfect travelling companion - a sweet little brown wren named Willow.
AU Personality: A wild child, Beatrice spends her life in the countryside. The city is a strange beast to her, far from the overgrown scrub she likes to trek through. She's a good-natured person, very loud and full of bright smiles. Almost the perfect friends. Her only downside is that she’s never anywhere you can find. Instead she’s in a wood somewhere, studying the local wildlife with leaves stuck in her hair.
word count: 212
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,880.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

AU Name: Viveniir
AU Familiar: Image
Duskprowler is a highly intelligent cat with near-supernatural eyesight that watches over Viveniir and eats the rats in her apartment. The only downside is that he is only active from Dusk to Noon and cannot be bothered while he sleeps.
AU Personality: Even with the conveniences of the modern world, Viveniir chooses to hunt for wild game in the outskirts of the city. She wears leathers and uses a compound bow for silent takedowns. She and Duskprowler go out before the sun rises and leave the city for the nearby forests full of animals to hunt. There is a demand for exotic stuffed animals, pelt, furs, and hides in the city, and it is that demand that Viveniir satisfies in order to establish herself in modern society.
word count: 143
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 2,032.86 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

AU Name: Muriel
AU Familiar: Newfoundland Dog
AU Personality: Muriel is Captain of the Swim team, a competitive surfer and free diver. If she can be in the water, she will.
Art: -

AU Name: Seth
AU Familiar: Black Bear
AU Personality: Seth likes to keep to himself. He is a large, threatening looking man with a threatening looking familiar. He is shy, and uncertain of new things.
Art: -
word count: 84