The Royal Rainbow Troupe presents ~ THE NIGHT CIRCUS ~! OVER!

Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111

ACT FIVE

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

I’M RUNNING AWAY TO JOIN THE CIRCUS!
Preference List: Gold/Teal mermaid, Red/Blue mermaid
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: No
Kin: End in Fire
Entry:
word count: 31
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,850.94 Pebbles

The Royal Rainbow Troupe presents ~ THE NIGHT CIRCUS ~!

Post by doomsayer »

Last edited by doomsayer on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 0
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Last edited by doomsayer on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 0
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Preference List: Green Mermaid, Red Mermaid, Jellyfish Yellow, Jellyfish Red, Jellyfish Blue, Kimeti Buck
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: Nope
Kin: Image
Entry:
word count: 34
blue
Owner
Owner
Pebbles: 1,524.62 Pebbles

Forum

Post by blue »

Preference List: green mermaid, red jellyfish
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: nope
Kin: Death of Night
Entry: Death of Night would perform an Aerial Silk routine, preferrably accompanied or followed by End of Light. Wrapped in decorative fabrics, he performs a rousing, twisting dance filled with acrobatics, slowly making his way up the strands of red and golden silk to reach the highest point of the tent, and then carreening his way downwands in a terrifying series of drops and catches, until he finally hangs limp and loose at the bottom and the lights go down.
word count: 108
(icorn by amitotic!)
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,218.54 Pebbles

Post by Tiarana »

Preference List: green mermaid, red mermaid, jellyfish blue, jellyfish yellow, jellyfish red
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: nope!
Kin: Plague of Roses
Entry: Plague of Roses performs as a trapeze artist and singer. Perched on the trapeze, she sings sad and wistful songs in between mesmerizing stunt routines.
word count: 60
Fasti
Pebbles: 1,561.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3190

Post by Fasti »

Preference List: Green Mermaid, Red Mermaid, Kimeti Buck, Jellyfish Red, Jellyfish Blue, Jellyfish Yellow
Kin: Image
Entry: Thriving Mint sat groaning behind the ring. "I can't do that!" she complained, disappointed in herself. "You can do it, we couldn't do it from day one either. You've already come so far!" came the clown's voice. "But that just doesn't suit me at all! I'm not good on the trapeze, the trampoline isn't for me, when I'm juggling I'd rather throw people off than catch them, as a clown children run away from me and I can't handle knives eather." A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of her attempts at knife throwing. "We will find something that suits you and that you like to do, trust me!" "Thanks." Thriving Mint replied, looking up at him. "Then let's go on a little walk!" the clown encouraged her.
She stood up, brushed the sand off her body and followed the clown out of the Magnege.
He took her backstage, there was a lot of activity and Thriving Mint was trying hard not to bump into anyone. He turned into a niche, followed a hallway that took them outside and ran to the trailers.
"First stop, the stylists!" He announced, opening the door for her. She climbed the steps to the trailer and a colorful sight awaited her inside. Dresses, dresses and more dresses, each more colorful than the other. In between shoes, wigs, pants, bows and so much more. There was a rumble from the back corner and a lady appeared. "Who do we have here? Young lady, what can I do for you?" Behind Thriving Mint the clown climbed in and the woman continued: "Oh, it's you. Who did you bring me there?" "Nice to see you! This is Thriving Mint, I'll show her the work outside the Magnege." "Oh how nice, do you even have experience with clothing? Maybe sewing or tailoring?"
Thriving Mint shyly replied "Unfortunately not ma'am, but I'd like to try it out." The woman laughed heartily. “That sounds great, I’ll keep you with me today and let you look over my shoulder, okay?” "Very gladly!" Thriving Mint replied happily.
The woman turned to the clown "Your work is done for today, shoo shoo, out with you," she said to him with a grin.
With his hands raised he turned around, "Yes, yes. I'm leaving." and left the car.

The next morning he found Thriving Mint sitting on a box next to the big tent. "What's up?" he asked her. "I don't think it was for me, it's interesting but I don't feel right there." "That's no problem, today you can go with the animalkeepers if you like. I've already clarified everything." She raised her head. "That sounds great, I love animals!"
Together they went to the animal tent, where he handed her over to the caretakers.

That evening there was a knock on his car door. He opened it and there was Thriving Mint, at least what was still visible of her. "What happened?!" he asked her worriedly, looked at her again and then grunted, "could it be that you've been pooped on?" "I don't think I'm cut out for big animals." she answered him and continued "you... can I... can I use your shower?" The clown started laughing with all his heart. "Of course, wait a moment, I'll put towels on the floor so my flor won't get dirty." Thriving Mint, covered in mud and other things, climbed into the trailer and took a long shower. Since she didn't have a change of clothes with her, the clown lent her some, which were of course too big for her, but with a belt everything stayed in place. Later she sat at his table with the clown, who assured her that he had another idea for the next day. After another cup of tea they said goodbye and arranged to meet the next day.

As promised, she waited in front of the administration tent and waved to the clown from far away.
"I'm sure you can already imagine what I want to show you today." he said after they had greeted each other. "I think it's about administrative work, right?!" He grinned "very good!" and then pushed her forward through the tent entrance.
The inside was divided into smal desk areas and lots of paperwork. “How come the administration is in a tent, isn’t it inconvenient to load all the papers in and out?” she asked the clown. He replied "You're right, it's an exception that the administration is here, actually this is the practice tent for the athletes, but an elephant came against the administration trailer, which destroyed it so much that they had to temporarily move." "Ohh okay." she nodded.
The clown led her to a tall man who was allready waiting for her. The clown said goodbye, saying he would check on her that evening, wished her a good time, and then disappeared.

As promised, he came to see her in the evening. He looked at her worriedly "what's wrong, has something happened?" She shook her head but said nothing else.
After thinking for a moment, he took her by the hand and pulled her towards the main entrance. "Where are we going?" she asked him, but he just grinned mysteriously.
Once at the entrance he turned to the stalls and led her to the popcorn seller. There he sat her down on a chair, turned to the man behind the counter and ordered "Hey, you, do you still have 2 popcorn cups for two hungry people?" "The man smiled, "I'll even make something fresh for you!" turned to the machines and got to work. Thriving Mint had been sitting on the chair until then, but sat up curiously and watched him. It didn't take long until the smell of fresh popcorn filled the air. Thriving Mint was thrilled. "How do you do that?" she asked curiously. The man smiled at her." Instead of explaining it to you, would you like to try it yourself?" She jumped up and knocked over the chair. The clown laughed. "Be careful, someone suddenly has energy again!" She put the chair back up and then scurried to the side of the Salesman who showed her step by step how the machines worked.
The clown watched her for a while, then beckoned the seller over, the two whispered, but that didn't bother Thriving Mint, she waited eagerly for her first popcorn of her own.

She filled it into the bag and proudly presented it to the two of them in front of the counter. "Come on! Bring it to me! I want to try it!" came it from the clown and the three laughed. When the popcorn was empty, Thriving Mint looked sadly into the bag where the last crumbs were at the bottom. "What do you think about another round?" it came from the seller. Thriving Mint looked at him beaming and got to work, filling one bag after the other. It was far too much for the three of them alone, but that wasn't a problem because the artists had heard about the event and were already lining up for their portion. After everyone had a bag, Thriving Mint happily turned to the clown "That was really fun, I would like to do something like that every day." The clown looked at the seller meaningfully and he then asked her, "Well, I could still use some help, I've been in such a rush lately that I can't really keep up. Would you like to help me?"
Thriving Mint grinned happily "Yes!"

word count: 1334
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,643.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Maxx »

Preference List: green mermaid / red mermaid / jellyfish yellow / jellyfish blue
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: nope
Kin: Kernel
Entry: Colonel's life journey had taken him a long way. From the war, to the rural cornfields, to being the Chosen of the corn, he found himself on the doorstep of a wandering circus, feeling strangely at ease in the lights and the noise.

Colonel had found yet another home.

He meandered down between the aisles as the benches filled in - he loved the babble of the crowds so! Yet, no matter how loud and excited they were, he was louder.

"CORN! POPCORN!" He bellowed, a formidable tray of popcorn buckets tenuously strapped to his shoulders. "GETCHA POPCORN! YOU LOVE POPCORN! I LOVE POPCORN!"

He did. They did. Everyone loved popcorn, and he loved to bring them their popcorn.

Colonel watched the show, just like everyone, cheering at every pretend drop, every miraculous recovery, every dance and every song. When they swept off for the interval, he stood again.

It was Colonel's Time.

"WHO WANTS...POPCORN?? DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOU." He challenged, in the middle of the ring.

It was always a child - teen - college kid, arm shooting up, laughing. Colonel gestured to open their loud mouths, grabbed a piece of popcorn, aimed...

...and he always got 'em straight in the kisser.

That's why they called him Colonel.
word count: 241
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 635.12 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Preference List: red mermaid, green mermaid, jellyfish yellow
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: Nawp
Kin: Dauntless
Entry: A twirling, tumbling acrobat, both on the ground or in the sky, Dauntless would love to perform. On her off nights, she'd be an absolute menace to literally everyone while working the ticketing booth (with good humor, of course!).

(doll maker insp stolen from Tia, I thought it was pretty then blacked out for an hour and returned with Dauntless)
word count: 90
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,427.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1300

Post by Astraea »

Preference List: Red Mermaid, Teal Mermaid
Have you already won a kin from this booth?:
Kin: Double Jointed
Entry: Double Jointed is a acrobat and contortionist!
word count: 34
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

Preference List: Red Mermaid, Green Mermaid, Jellyfish Red, Jellyfish Blue, Kimeti Buck, Jellyfish Yellow
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: nope!
Kin: Brittle Bite
Entry: Image

The lights! The glitz! The cheers and the laughter! They highlight the Lion tamers, the strong men and women, the fire breathers and fire eaters. Clowns come barreling in, tumbling, honking, throwing pies and washing with seltzers. The ring master introduces to, jokes with, and cajoles the audience. All common sights and sounds at the circus.

But off to the side, in the less well-lit section of the grounds, a different show is held. Children are turned away, teenagers pantomime sneaking in, as do adults who wish to uphold a more "proper" facade. For here, in the shadows, where the booths are built to look more akin to cages, where the spectacles are the main attractions, here is the Freak Show.

Brittaney had never fit in. Not with her family nor her community. Prim and proper, seen and never heard, all expectations the young woman refused to abide by. Until she ran away, all her attempts at resistance were met with forcing her into silence. But somehow, Brittaney learned to use her mouth all the same. A skill she used to make herself one of the most popular stars of the Freak Show.

Garish makeup of multiple rows of teeth tearing at flesh, illusory attempts at making her seem more a living maw than human. And she was The Bite. She would eat, gnash, and rend (often with exaggerated relish) whatever is placed before her. It was not the life she dreamed but it was better than the life she once had.
word count: 289
Jun
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 6,430.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Jun »

Preference List: green mermaid, red mermaid, jellyfish blue, jellyfish yellow, jellyfish red
Kin: Keep Me Closer
Entry: They used to call her the Gilded Nightingale, when she would descend on the trapeze bar and sing, suspended thus, with the golden voice she'd trained every day of her life. And then the accident happened, and took with it her voice.

Many said she would never sing again, and they were right - but none predicted she would return to the trapeze that robbed her so, and work until she became the prima donna of the high flying bar. Now she enthralls the audiences each night once more, if differently from how she used to. Now they call her: The Silent Nightingale.

But who knows? One day, she might even sing again.

(Ok the OC Keep Me Closer was loosely based on had the very first (different) circus AU art I ever drew TEN YEARS AGO, so as soon as I saw this, I had the VisionTM I thought I wasn't gonna finish in time sobbing. QAQ<3)
word count: 195
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 336.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

Preference List: green mermaid, red mermaid, kimeti buck, jellyfish blue, jellyfish yellow, jellyfish red
Kin: Traitor's Heart
Entry:
word count: 37
Dawns_Stars145
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,043.86 Pebbles

Post by Dawns_Stars145 »

Preference List: Red Mermaid, Green Mermaid, Jellyfish Blue, Jellyfish Red, Jellyfish Yellow, Kimeti Buck
Kin: Fades Into Roses
Entry:
word count: 37
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

Preference List: green mermaid, red mermaid, jellyfish yellow, jellyfish blue, jellyfish red, kimeti buck
Have you already won a kin from this booth?: Nope!
Kin: Eye of Newt
Entry:

Presenting, the most daring, the most dangerous, the most reckless trapeeze artist your eyes have ever beheld! Watch as she swings above the flames, just barley avoiding catching fire, before ascendigg ng to dizzying heights at the very top of the tent! It’s a good thing that cats have nine lives- yes, esteemed guests, please put your hands together for the death defying, Swinging She-Cat!

word count: 104