Space Oddity (The Children of the Night) [CLOSED]

subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Space Oddity (The Children of the Night) [CLOSED]

Post by subducting »

Under the cool, confused sky, where shadow and light are still moving like something from another world, the Children of the Night have drifted to the winter market. Dark Moon Rising is quiet- not as she usually is, in a reflective, considered way, but is wrapped in a terse, anxious quiet. And that’s when she’s around- this year she’s left the booth with her family, instead herself roaming the market worriedly for periods of time, trying to gather information.

Yet the tribe still attends, and they’ve found something quite unique- a strange splash of sky, a warped pocket of something else entirely...
Last edited by subducting on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 106
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity [INTRODUCTION] (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

“Hey!”

The acha is familiar to those who visited the Children of the Night’s booth last year, but this time she’s even more excited, prancing up and down impatiently. “Come here, come and check this out!”

Her elegant, dancing movements lead you to a shimmering patch of swamp- one swirled with indigo and violet and magenta, dust black shapes indistinct as the thing itself. And it twinkles- it looks like a patch of sky, but strange, slowly morphing and shifting in a mesmerising way.

“Go and see what it shows you!” she urges, nodding you towards it, “the others are just along there now too!”

You wander towards the sparkling lights and find yourself somewhere else…
Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 118
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity [INFORMATION] (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

Welcome to the Children of the Night’s 2023 winter market “booth”! I say booth, it’s more like the swamp equivalent of an escape room. The tribe have discovered what looks like a little piece of their beloved (and currently MIA) night sky, and they’re having just the grandest old time plunging into it! What will your kin discover upon entering it? Well, that’s really up to you!

Every week you can write, draw, crochet (if you really want to) an interpretation of your kin on the very broad theme of “space”. Will they become perhaps an undulating space drake made of light, or maybe some kind of cosmic horror, drawing light to them and snuffing it out forever? Do they emerge onto an alien world with multiple suns as some kind of antennae having critter? It’s up to you to decide! This is meant to inspire you to be as creative as possible with representing your kin as “a space creature”. Get weird with it! Make them a constellation, make them an incomprehensible horror from deep space, make them a mysterious series of radio signals detected by some alien civilisation emanating from deep space. Tell us how to summon them from the non-Euclidean realm of dreams. The only rule is it’s gotta be wild and wonderful!

1. You can enter once a week, with a different kin each week. Each week on a Monday I’ll roll a winner or two, with tickets rolling over every week. The rollover each week will be 6pm GMT with rolling taking place Monday evening.
2. You must make your own art, but literally any medium of art making is fine. It’s about the concept.
3. No AI please.
4. Only one prize from each “set” can be picked every week.
5. One prize per visitor, including the bees. I’ve not enough familiar prizes to offer one of each, I’d like as many people to score a prize as possible. Maybe next year people will be able to take a familiar and a kin home!
6. The moths will go with their respective kios <3
7. Leftover prizes will roll at the end of the market from anyone who hasn’t won.
8. If you’d like to roleplay within the AU that’s just delightful! You may find spacedragon!Trace noodling around space, feel free to @ me
9. As this booth takes place in an AU, no non-swamp things can be remembered clearly. They may recall a hazy dream of giant insects with bulbous eyes, or the feeling of the stars curving under giant wings. They may well be left with some residual sense of weirdness- they’ll struggle to put their hoof on WHAT, but something weird went down.
Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total. word count: 468
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity [ENTRY FORM]

Post by subducting »

Code: Select all

[size=150][color=#4000BF][b]I'm seeking out new life![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] username here
[b]Kin:[/b] kin used here
[b]Entry:[/b] entry here
Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 33
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity [PRIZE POOL] (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

We have got some LOVELY prizes - strange bees, space cats with ram horns, psychedelic fuzzy space whales and some gorgeous moth kiokote who go along with their moth familiars. Plus maybe more?? Watch this space! (geddit?)

PRIZE TRACKER

Winners:
Yuki - colourful doe
doomsayer - grey kiokote + moth
Kiwi Squirt Bottle - pink ramcat
Kuropeco - blue ramcat
AstoriaFallen - tropical buck
Lutz - purple kiokote + moth
Last edited by subducting on Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 12 times in total. word count: 61
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity [THANKS] (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

Thank you to dizzy, Bee, blue and Kiwi who coloured these prizes, lilac for letting me spitball and Kuro for saving me from having to figure out codes and making all the graphics for this thread!
Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 36
subducting
Patron
Patron

Space Oddity (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

Oh weird,,, what’s this?

As you stumble away from the void, with the delights and horrors fading rapidly from your mind, you spot Dark Moon Rising sitting a small distance away. She’s sitting on her own, looking a little hazy. You approach her and…

Darkstar is sat under silverpelt, looking pensive, her tail twitching worriedly. The clan is mostly sleeping, but a few cats are up and about. She looks worried, but she doesn’t acknowledge you. Huh. Come to think of it, where were you going?

It’s the mini game you all saw coming! Turn YOUR KIN into a warrior cat today! Maybe get them drawn? Maybe take home a prize kitty cat of your very own! For more details, read on!

RULES

1. It’s a minigame! You can enter this regardless of if you’ve won in the main booth game!
2. You can put as much or little effort as you like, but more detail increases your chances of getting cat arts.
3. This game will roll on Sunday the 30th of December. I will roll it when I wake up that day, bearing in mind I am in GMT.
4. You may enter up to three kin into this minigame. Each kin enters you into a raffle to win one of the four familiars below.
5. You can feel free to tag “Darkstar” for roleplay!
6. This is based in the warrior cats universe. If you’ve got no idea, feel free to use this generator to get you started or for your entire entry! Just please state you’ve done so if you use it.

THE FORM

Code: Select all

[size=150][color=##b84be3][b]From this day forwards, this warrior shall be known as…[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] username here
[b]Kin:[/b] uncert kin image here
[b]Warrior Name:[/b] warrior cat name
[b]Entry:[/b] Describe your kin as a warrior cat! What clan are they in (one of the canon clans or you can make up your own!)? Are they a warrior, medicine cat, apprentice, elder? What is their appearance - are they long furred, short furred? Scarred?
PRIZES
Cheetahs by Appeal, lion by Pandora Talie! Thanks to Lutz for donating the lion!
Last edited by subducting on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 377
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 0
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

Last edited by subducting on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 0
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

word count: 0
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,914.88 Pebbles

Post by Astoria »

I'm seeking out new life!
Username: AstoriaFallen
Kin: Image
Entry: Eternal Darkness. A void, nothing but black shadows and just barely, flashes of blue and purple. There is nothing to this baseless form, as it's nothing but swirling dust, but yet, it is a figure. A floating mass of stardust, one would likely assume. But yet, it has a mind, thoughts, feelings. Just no way to express them. A haunting figure cursed to drift along, absorbing those who get to close, transferring them into energy to fuel his plight across the lands.

(I hope I did this right LOL)
word count: 100
Starrydance
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 1,407.34 Pebbles

Post by Starrydance »

Username: Starrydance
Entry: A whirling, dancing swamp of motes of brilliant lights in every color. Most saw them as seperate lights, things to name or follow or even wish upon. But Made of Stars adoring making shapes among them, creating entire realms of stories connecting them - great journies and loves that lasted til the stars themselves would fall. And enemies that would stop at nothing to tear it all apart! Tales that burst forth and then found a home among the stars.
word count: 89
Kalahari
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,625.40 Pebbles

Post by Kalahari »

Username: Kalahari
Entry:
A great celestial butterfly, drifting where the solar winds blow.
word count: 20
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,874.96 Pebbles

Post by Lutz »

Username: Lutz
Entry: Space is a vacuum. There is no noise in space. But this particular tune, this starsong, defies all logic and law. It bounces merrily from system to system, bringing with it the chorus of supernovas and space dust. It doesn't linger long, flitting about the icy rocks and burning balls of gas before floating away, off to serenade another galaxy.
word count: 71
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,988.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Username: Ruriska
Entry:

Of course Glowbright was more than happy to step into the space void. No fear, only curiosity. Into the dark and -

Suddenly weightless; suddenly other. Just a glowing beacon in an endless expanse of space; the insectoid larvae seemed content to simply float, apparently aimlessly. It was capable of movement, if it so desired. But the alien creature was content, watching the eons pass by, as stars shifted and collided, waiting, perhaps. But for now it waited, small, fragile, endless, another light in the night sky.

word count: 96