Space Oddity (The Children of the Night) [CLOSED]

Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111

Space Oddity (The Children of the Night)

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

I'm seeking out new life!
Username: Tara de Draiocht
Kin: Image
Entry: Gathering Stars is like a cluster of stars in the dark but he is one in a billion! "I like to stretch and take over everything no matter how fleeting, my dust gets everywhere. I welcome the void as it is very familiar to me and the darkness beckons."
word count: 61
Yuki
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 6,970.68 Pebbles
Forum

Post by Yuki »

Username: Yuki
Entry: If anyone asked, Feed wasn't at the Winter Market. She found it difficult to be around happy kin without the temptation of murder creeping down her spine. Especially after her hunt for the green menace came up empty. An embarrassing loss that had been sprinkled with the ashes of Crimson's maze.

But recent events made things quite interesting, and Feed was oh so curious about these little areas of strange and unusual occurrences. She wanted to investigate them and their uses. Would kin that entered them come back changed? It was exhilarating to think about. Being ushered into a void was definitely one way to get experience. Feed felt her blood pumping, her mouth stretching wide at the prospect of an adventure. She wrapped a tentacle around her mate's neck and squeezed him goodbye. "Off into the unknown again," he hummed, a matching bloodied grin upon his face.

"Yes, yes my dear. Go fetch us a snack, would you? I'll be back soon ~" Then she leaped in.

And she was. MORE.

Her form stretched far and wide. Blue hooked tentacles grasped upwards towards the stars. She could see everything. Feel everything. She could be everything. A planet in her line of sight was consumed in an instant. Teeth, tentacles, and tongues devoured all. Became all.

"Feed the Strong!!!" her hundreds of mouths cackled. "Feed ME!!"

word count: 239
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 25.32 Pebbles

Post by Aria Starstone »

Username: Aria Starstone
Entry:
Shadows Run Deep approached the acha that was prancing around, and listened to her excitement, her words, his dark eyes following her every move as she went. His head tilted a little as he considered her, and the swirl she had indicated. There was a long moment where he was clearly considering turning around and leaving, not tempting his fate with this strange looking swirl...

But then he sighed and shrugged, and walked forwards, heading into the strange swirl, and found...

There was silence, nothingness, and then he was everywhere, and nowhere. He was the space between, the space undetected but that had to be there. He was dark matter, he was the problem that was unsolved, the solution to so many theories, and he found himself utterly delighted by the game he played with the sentient beings trying to find him. He teased them, moving between stars, giving them things to notice but still unfindable.

He was the depths, he was the everything they needed and did not know and did not understand. He was infinite, or maybe he was very tiny and yet the most curious thing in existence, or non-existence. Did he exist? He did, he knew he did, and yet he knew they did not know, and he worried them greatly, but fascinated them endlessly.
word count: 231
LOLLI qAq
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,618.78 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=863

Post by LOLLI qAq »

Username: LOLLI qAq
Kin:
Entry:

She sat, alone, on a planet inhabited by no one but her. Far, far, away from all she knew. Farther still from all she loved.
She could only pray one day someone would find her song.

Far Reaching Radio
word count: 50
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 7,197.12 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtop ... 3043#p3043

Forum

Post by Baneful »

Username: Baneful
Kin: I Always Come Back
Entry:

Will passed into the portal and found the world and his perspective on it shifted and changed. He was in a fathomless space, and he changed to accommodate it. No longer trapped within a constrained Kimeti body, he sprawled into a celestial entity beyond planetary bounds. Seen from one angle he might have appeared as a cluster of eyes and limbs clustered around a smile, but from another he might be nothing but tails, constantly shifting in a fractal kaleidoscope of being.

Eyes were such limiting little structures, a primitive bundle of nerves and a blob of goo. Compared to him, it was a child's fingerpainting next to a sunrise. He was something fantastic, something infinite and something genuinely terrifying.

He delighted in the experience, able to comprehend all the things he needed to know. Magic to him was a simple factor, as easy as breathing was to the vertebrate he had once been. All that he'd pursued seemed small and simplistic, his suffering and the suffering of others receding to a mote of nothing in the universe's grand scheme.

He knew. He understood, and he'd come to his absolute completion and satisfaction.

He needed to remember and carry this knowledge back with him when he returned to the swamp; it was critical and could solve everything. He moved through the portal with reluctance and desperation beyond anything he could ever comprehend.

But as he emerged back to the swamp, it was with only the lingering sense of frustration and the fading echoes of the best dream he'd ever had.

word count: 279
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,850.94 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Username: doomsayer
Entry: Leaves You Breathless didn't expect such a shift in reality as she stepped into the shimmering patch of swamp. The first thing she noticed is that the space she is in seems to be mostly a sea of blackness, with its inhabitants few and far apart--very far apart.

When she tries to get her bearings, she realizes she is no longer in a body of flesh and fur. She seems to be a ball of blazing warmth, light in yellow and lilac hues coming off of her and being carried to the far reaches of this unfathomably large space. She tries to move, but discovers that she can't. Without limbs or anything solid to push on, it makes sense to her that her current for is stuck wherever it is just drifting.

In her curiosity and fascination of her current state, she attempts to concentrate on making something happen, clenching something inside her she can't really identify, willing something that may be inside her to do something. To her amusement, her brightness intensifies as she does this, causing nearby floating objects to be caught in her pull and burn as they make contact with her surface.
word count: 210
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,427.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1300

Post by Astraea »

Username: Astraea
Entry: Starbright's heart swelled as she as she stepped through the portal. The darkness of space filled her soul, a place inside herself she didn't even realize was empty. Her purple-blue light sparkled as it turned, the zikwa having turned into a tiny comet. She glided through the vastness, admiring every shining star, marvelling at every moon and planet. She pings across space, tracing patterns in the sky randomly, gleefully connecting one to another. Keen eyed watchers, living in places unknown, discovered a new constellation that night.
word count: 99
Nashawryn
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,038.08 Pebbles

Post by Nashawryn »

Username: Nashawryn
Entry: Hidden Beauty looked at the portal and then stepped through. Immediately her thoughts twisted away into a void and she just took an a glow while losing her form. She had no form, she just was. She was a bright new star floating in a patch of nebula dust and gases in the dark of space. She did not feel, she did not need, she had no desires. But a she wavered backwards, she slipped out of the portal and back into the swamp. Hidden Beauty frowned at the portal and decided she didn't want to go through it after all, something told her she might not come back if she ever did. Image
word count: 124
Fasti
Pebbles: 1,561.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3190

Post by Fasti »

Username: Fasti
Kin: http://ol.matope-swamp.com/kin/view/thriving-mint
Entry: Hiding in space. Image
word count: 22
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,453.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Username: lilacfishie
Entry:
The Lost World decided, after several days hidden away in their booth's little pocket of shadow with her siblings, that it was time to stretch her legs and explore a little bit of this "Winter Market." The lithe zikwa stepped carefully out of her humid shadow pocket and into the freezing weather. A few pink blossoms from the massive tree in the middle trailed by, and she watched the tree in both awe and confusion. Based on the things she'd been told, blooming trees did not seem to make much sense. But, she'd also been told that Something had Happened and things were Different. Not that she had any frame of reference. Taking a deep breath, The Lost World trotted through the thoroughfare.

The sounds and smells of the market were becoming overwhelming. The Lost World started to regret going on this little adventure without Flop with her. Just as she was deciding to turn around, the voice of an excited acha reached her ears. She barely registered what the acha was saying and instead was immediately enamored with the swirling spot by her. It really did look like the night sky. Carefully, she stepped forward, eyes shining with wonder.

On the other side, The Lost World's transformation was...dramatic. The vastness of space was before her, and her powerful body glided through it with ease. Her form grew, and grew, and grew. She became a long, lithe dragon with a swirling, whipping tail like the wind. Her scales shimmered like starlight and there were galaxies in her eyes. Her maw hung open and clouds of stardust wafted behind her and drifted into the void. Her lithe form, lacking wings but still able to fly, zipped around moons and meteors like a shining comet. Her roar of power, elated at the freedom and silence, sounded like deep, rolling thunder.
word count: 323
Muffinsbaby
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,216.28 Pebbles

Post by Muffinsbaby »

Username: Muffinsbaby
Entry: Forever curious and nearly never cautious, Star Dasher stepped up and through the portal. One moment himself, the next he was....everything. Opening his eyes gave view to swirls of stars, clouds of gas, all spanning from him - no, all was him.

word count: 52
Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,967.58 Pebbles

Post by Kiwi Squirt Bottle »

Username: kiwi squirt bottle
Entry: It was a question he'd wondered,what exactly would happen When Stars Collide? The buck had never known, but looking into the void at this "booth" (even they used the term loosely) drew him in. Closer and closer still.

Stepping into the piece of sky, he felt... Empty. Everything and nothing all at once. There was a hole inside him full of darkness - he felt as if he could consume everything around him and be left wanting more. Items moved towards him, speeding up as they got closer before touching and being absorbed inside. They filled him momentarily but left him exponentially emptier than as if they'd never been.

His shape grew and grew, growing larger with everything that was sucked into him. He might not know he'd gotten his answer now that he'd become a black hole of his own.
word count: 157
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,398.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Username: fluo
Entry: Dark Days felt her body expand beyond the usual bloat of a large meal. The yellow spots on her chest warmed to high temperatures and she felt her body stretch. She looked into the distance and focused on a tree. She felt her vision shrink until the tree was a spot surrounded by endless snow. Soon she was above the skies and past the clouds. Dark Days was stretched to her limit and extended over the swamp. She was in the sky. She kept on going upwards. She passed the moon. She passed a few stars close enough. She kept on expanding, her body an endless spooling of energy until she hit the unmovable wall of the sun. It burned so hot that she dare not go any further.

Dark days expanded in the opposite direction until she hit another unforeseeable wall. She hovered in place and pulsed with the rhythm of the swamp. Stars shot past her. Some expanded and collapsed on themselves. Some burned up on the spot. She watched and waited. At an unseen signal, her body contracted and snapped into itself, a fuzzy memory the only sign that something had happened. But if she closed her eyes, Dark Days saw the map of stars within her eyelids clear as day and with it all the secrets of the universe.
word count: 233
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

ALRIGHT gathering to roll from above this post!
word count: 8
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

1. AstoriaFallen
2. Starrydance
3. Kalahari
4. Lutz
5. Ruriska
6. Tara de Draiocht
7. Yuki
8. Aria Starstone
9. LOLLI qAq
10. Baneful
11. Doomsayer