Better Late than Never: Small Packages Edition (Over!)

Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,006.70 Pebbles

Forum

Better Late than Never: Small Packages Edition (Open until WM ends!)

Post by Lirilei »

Good Things Come In Small Packages!

✧ Username: Lirilei
✧ Preflist: S2, M2, M3, M4, S5, M4, F4, Pale Doe, Smoky Buck, S3, S1, S4, F2, F1, F3
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: Yes
✧ Have you won any familiars this December: Yes
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Daily rp prompt writing
✧ Roleplay: here
word count: 65
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 336.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

✧ Username: kuropeco
✧ Preflist: smoky buck, pale doe, S1, S2, S5, S3, S4, F2, F3, F1, F4
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: yes
✧ Have you won any familiars this December: yes
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Exist as a normal human being.
✧ Roleplay: n/a maybe later
word count: 66
Kalahari
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,625.40 Pebbles

Post by Kalahari »

✧ Username: Kalahari
✧ Preflist: F1, F3, F2, Smoky Buck, Pale Doe, S2, S3, S5, S1, S4, F4, M1, M4, M2, M3
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: Yes, Only Unedited
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Meeting Ascension reqs for Easy Rhythm :'(
✧ Roleplay: In the desert, one had to be careful with the care for their familiars. Particularly the far-traveled ones, the aquatics that didn't take well to dry air and even drier lands unless a kin kept them carefully pampered near an oasis. Remarkable wasn't the type to coddle aquatics, but he did have a standard of care for the creatures he felt were pretty enough to accompany him as a familiar, like his magnificent wolf Brash. Both he and his wolf were taking the time to clean up around their oasis; him with carefully nibbling away and trimming the plants into desired shapes, dragging away any dead leaves and such that cluttered the space by their roots, and Brash cleaning out the water itself by retrieving anything that might've fallen in and forming a pile that could be dried out. All of the dry things would be useful for an evening fire in the den of course, and all the wet things, if they didn't become burnable dry things, would be buried near one of the palms to encourage more fruitful growth. He wanted all the best for him and his, from clean water to a clean den, and bountiful food for them to feast on. For that next part, it required them to go on a hunt, but that could wait until night fell. Right now, Remarkable was going to finish nitpicking his sleeping area, and then as the sun started to set he and Brash would set out to patrol the closer dunes of their territory.

He knew Brash was a little lonely, and hoped they could find him some companions soon. Perhaps the strange kin who came through the obelisks would bring pets unaffected by this "Ache" as they were and be willing to barter? He'd heard of this "Winter Market" festival they hosted, back in this "swamp" of theirs, and while he wouldn't dare this Ache of theirs just to visit such a mucky, miserable sounding place, he was curious as to their more exotic pets and familiars. Everything was perfectly in place for a new one, and he knew he could convince any kin that he would be perfectly suited to whatever interesting creatures they might be willing to part with.
word count: 450
Yuki
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 6,970.68 Pebbles
Forum

Post by Yuki »

✧ Username: Yuki
✧ Preflist: S5, S2, S3, S1, S4, F1, F2, F3, F4
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Get back into the habit of cooking vs. ordering food. Maybe next year I'll have more time.
✧ Roleplay: n/a
word count: 72
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

✧ Username: HuniPi
✧ Preflist: Pale doe, Smokey Buck, S2, S3, S5, S4, S1, F1, F4, F3, F2
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: (This includes Gifts, Advent, Booth Prizes, WM Boxes, and Tokens) Yes
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Use up all my yarn. I ended up buying more ;v;
✧ Roleplay: N/A
word count: 79
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,966.52 Pebbles

Post by purplerosesbeauty »

✧ Username: purplerosesbeauty
✧ Preflist: pale doe, smoky buck, s5, s1, s3, s4, s2, f4, f3, f2, f1
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: (This includes Gifts, Advent, Booth Prizes, WM Boxes, and Tokens) Only unedited boxes
✧ Have you won any familiars this December: (This includes Gifts, Advent, Booth Prizes, WM Bags, and Tokens) Yes / Yes, But No [Rare/Edited/Rare OR Edited] Yea, token
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Painting and installing new flooring in my room... im still sleeping in the dining room lmao
word count: 106
PawaHour
Pebbles: 9.58 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtop ... 3695#p3695

Post by PawaHour »

✧ Username: PawaHour
✧ Preflist: Pale Doe, Smoky Buck, S1, S3, S5, S2, S4, F4, F1, F3, F2
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: Yes, Only Unedited [ Was a normal giftbox ❤ ]
✧ Have you won any familiars this December: Yes [ Was a Tanuki and I can't find if those are rare or not so leaving just leaving this at "yes" haha ]
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Drawing tons, being very sick for most of the year got in the way. But next year isn't going to keep me from that no matter what!
word count: 114
Niyaru
Pebbles: 997.10 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: kittycat-fiend

Post by Niyaru »

✧ Username: Niyaru
✧ Preflist: Pale doe, smoky buck, F1, F4, F3, S3, S1, S2, S4, S5
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Read some of the books I have and work on drawing more.
✧ Roleplay: (Minimum 300 words, 6 posts, a completed story, must take place in real world or a similar AU)
word count: 85
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,850.94 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

✧ Username:
✧ Preflist: S2, S1, S5, S3, S4, F4, F1, F2, F3, Smoky Buck, Pale Doe
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Getting a haircut. For some reason, anytime I put it on my list if things to do, it just never got done
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,192.72 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

✧ Username: Scaramouche Fandango
✧ Preflist: Smoky Buck, Pale Doe, M4, M1, M3, M2, S1, S3, S2, S5, S4, F3, F1, F4, F2
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: hahahaha so much but one of them was supposed to be finishing my dissertation
✧ Roleplay: Will wants a muskie
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 312.98 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1547

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

✧ Username: Dizzy_Kat
✧ Preflist: smoky buck, pale doe, S2, S5, S1, S3, S4, F3, F1, F2, F4
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Getting Vik in school. It's not that I didn't get around to it but that the intake process apparently takes 7 months after the start of the school year -_-
✧ Roleplay: (Minimum 300 words, 6 posts, a completed story, must take place in real world or a similar AU)
word count: 106
Pandora Talie
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,857.44 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

Post by Pandora Talie »

✧ Username: Pandora Talie
✧ Preflist: smoky buck, pale doe, S5, S1, S2, S3, S4, F4, F1, F2, F3
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Learn how to crochet a granny square lol
word count: 67
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Post by subducting »

✧ Username: Subducting
✧ Preflist: M3, M4, M1, M2, S3, S2, S4, S1, S5, F4, F1, F2, F3
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: Yea
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Learn to drive pfffft
✧ Roleplay:

Hallucination’s home in the swamp was in a fairly choice little spot- deep in the trees, in a slightly elevated area- strangely, the mushrooms she liked to have around didn’t grow in the completely saturated ground near the water, but instead needed deadwood to grow on.

Her home was already hosting a pair of humblebees and a fairly spoiled owlcat, who was pretty particular about having a dry spot to situate himself in to sleep. Hallucination was therefore often seen keeping the area just so- pulling a branch down here, moving a mushroomy bit of stump there.

The winter market was approaching and she was hoping to maybe bring home another companion this year. In anticipation, she prepared a den- near to her own, in the hollow at the base of a tree- dry a spot as she could find in the swamp, and surrounded by the nicest things she could gather to lay above it. The spot she had picked out was under a long dead log, it’s bark somehow not rotten but instead hardened and stiff, curving over to form a very cosy shelter, where little patches of light were able to penetrate. The strange lighting of the swamp made it tricky to imagine how it would ba, but if the sun returned properly, it would be shaded in the sun and sheltered in rain.

Shadowpad was located opposite the little curl of wood, preferring a rock placed in the sun for lounging, or else choosing to accompany Hallucination into her own nest to curl up on her. He was watching lazily as Hallucination neatened the prepared space, closing his eyes and rolling over. The zikwa smiled fondly at the owlcat before returning to her work. Next up was bedding. She found the softest moss she could - it grew well nearby- and she laid it down in the hollow before backing out and surveying the den.

She wasn’t sure what kind of familiar she’d bring back yet, but she was sure her prepared space would be pleasant for many of the creatures which called the swamp home. And Shadowpad was fine as long as he was fussed and fed - speaking of which, she trotted down to where she had caught a couple of fish earlier and retrieved them, bringing them to the owlcat. He leapt from his perch, meowing hungrily and winding around her legs, before she laid the catch down, and he applied himself hungrily to his meal.

The humblebees she kept were usually together and often following her lazily, bouncing themselves off objects, and steadying themselves before bumbling off again. Sometimes they landed on her, and she scrunched her nose up in amusement as Darkvision rested there for a moment, before moving on again.

Satisfied with her preparations, Hallucination returned to her den for the night. The next morning she would travel to the market and see if she could convince a new familiar to come along home with her. Her little patch of swamp was nicer when full of creatures- and it was comforting to know she wasn’t out there alone, not that Shadowpad was exactly a great defence if something sinister did come to call, but… She shook her head, folding her legs under her as Shadowpad crawled into the nest, purring and licking his chops loudly.

The owlcat would stay behind as she left for the market the next day, but the humblebees would follow her, a comforting drone that came with her everywhere she went. Hallucination wasn’t as good with other kin as she was with familiars, and she didn’t enter many booths, mostly sticking to the sidelines and watching. One booth though, caught her attention- a booth filled with unusual muskwolf pups.

“You’re gorgeous,” she whispered to one with a wink, holding her hoof out to it hopefully. Would this be where she made her new friend? She had heard they were tricky to raise, especially the males but… well, she would give it a go if one of the pups took a shine to her!
Last edited by subducting on Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 744
Toshiful
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,726.68 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Toshiful »

✧ Username: Toshiful
✧ Preflist: Pale Doe, Smoky Buck, F3, S3, S2, S1, F4, S5, S4,F1
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Always a lot of projects, movies, books, videos to make, new skills I just haven't managed. Endless. Wanted to learn a banjo song, I think, that's a big one. Wanted to do a booth, I think I have managed to run out of time completely. This question is my life. It's alright. Got some things done. I'll do my best going forward.
word count: 123
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 7,197.12 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtop ... 3043#p3043

Forum

Post by Baneful »

✧ Username: Baneful
✧ Preflist: Pale Doe, Smoky Buck, S5, F1, S2, S3, S4, F3, S1
✧ Have you won any Kin this December: Exclude me from any roll reliant on knowing what I've won, please.
✧ Have you won any familiars this December: Exclude me from any roll reliant on knowing what I've won, please.
✧ What was one thing you wanted to get done this year, but didn't get around to?: Entering many of the booths I was looking forward to!
word count: 90