[B] Protect x Bitter Heartbeat

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,006.70 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Protect x Bitter Heartbeat

Post by Lirilei »

Image He was over joyed to learn that She Blossoms in Dreams was pregnant, and he was going to be a father. It was something he'd been looking forward to for quite awhile, being a father, wanting to be involved with raising his kids, and watching them grow up. He wanted to be there, to...well protect them as they grew and learned. He'd heard the talk of others, how there were certain kin within the swamp who could grant a blessing. If you could find them. And so he was on the hunt to find someone. One of the does he'd spoken with mentioned having a small token of thanks was a nice gesture, and so he was gingerly carrying a few crane feathers he'd been able to trade for by their ends, trying his best not to damage them as he walked and searched.
Last edited by Lirilei on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 149
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 182.86 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope-swamp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

Re: [B] Protect x

Post by anemosagkelos »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert5.png[/imgleft] Bitter Heartbeat ambled through the swamp. He'd felt the itch since the early morning before the sun had come up but he'd been snuggled down tightly with a few of his extended family. His family had grown a vast amount over the years and he still didn't know all of them. He only knew they were out there having families of their own. Ages ago, he'd never thought he'd have a child, let alone a lineage. It was much easy to cuddle as a minibear but it also meant it was much easier to get stuck.

Which was why he was walking now. Limbs cramped and muscles needed stretching after long periods of cuddles. And eventually, he'd find the one that was searching for him, too. It never seemed to take very long.
word count: 149
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Re: [B] Protect x Bitter Heartbeat

Post by Lirilei »

Protect didn't know where to look, but he'd been assured he'd be found. So he didn't worry, not really. Instead he took a quick break, his precious crane feathers sat down and he took a drink of water he found himself needing to cross when he saw a flash of bright red that caught his attention and he paused mid-step trying to get a better look at what it was. It took a few moments which included him fully crossing the water and standing on the opposite bank to finally make out it was a mini bear ambling along. He'd never seen one before, so he stood there momentarily fascinated by it.

@anemosagkelos
word count: 119
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Ah, there he was, the stag thought to himself as the buck stopped to drink. He continued on, slowly, to wait for the buck to cross the water before he made his way to him. The grin he offered may not have been as sweet as he wanted it to be, his teeth had grown a bit jaggedly since he'd been chosen by the Motherfather. He was part caiman but sometimes it came off a little more disconcerting than kind. Still he tried. After all, he was small and furry. Surely he wasn't that alarming?
word count: 97
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Protect was honestly fascinated by the mini bear, but he remained cautious. He was uncertain if they were dangerous or not, though he supposed like any of the MotherFathers creatures even the most innocent or harmless looking things could be just the opposite. Still he was given a surprise when the bear... smiled....? Did they smile he wondered? Was it snarling at him? No. That was definitely not an aggressive look, so he took a tentative step forward because there seemed to be more to this bear, than met the eye. It was just a gut feeling really.

Once he was close enough to hopefully not spook the other he carefully lowered the crane feathers down onto a mossy patch and took a couple of steps back, hoping he wasn't as mistaken as he was thinking he might've been. Maybe it was just a normal mini bear....whatever a normal one acted like anyhow...
word count: 156
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgright] The minibear gave a shake and then in its place stood a stag. It was easier to talk aloud, he thought, as he observed the buck.

"Good day," he greeted, "I believe you've been looking for me or, one like me, I should say."
word count: 55
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

He was more than a little surprised, and pleased to see the stag there in front of him and he started to talk, stopped, then started again.

"I brought these..." he nodded his head towards the crane feathers. "I was told sometimes gifts are required, and I wanted to be sure I did this right." he sounded so unsure of himself, but he pressed on clearing his throat. "You're right though... on my looking I mean! I was told....I would like..." he fumbled for the words he'd practiced over and over in his head while he was walking and there was a frustrated look on his face as he tried to get the words out coherently. "First time father to be..." he finally got out, a sheepish sound to him. "Sorry. I guess I'm sort of overly excited, and anxious along with happy. I was told it was a good thing to find one like you, to get a blessing for the mother... the life she carries.. and I had exactly what I wanted to say practiced in my head and I completely forgot everything." he gave a low sigh as he admitted it. Nervous first time father issues.

"So uhm...well..." he shuffled a hoof nervously against the ground. "Would it be possible to do that? To get a blessing for her? For the life she carries? I mean if you're willing. I want the best for them." he gave a hopeful look to the stag.
word count: 252
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Bitter Heartbeat smiled reassuringly as the buck fumbled through words. He knew that feeling, remembered it from his own children and then from all the expectant parents that had come to him after.

"Breathe," he reminded the buck gently, "you needn't say it all at once." It'd be unfortunate if the buck passed out though fainting spells had happened before he was sure.

Once he was sure the buck was not going to topple over from lack of oxygen or pure anxiety, he began to answer his questions, "It is possible to get a blessing for your little ones and your crane feathers are quite beautiful as a gift." A breath. "Is there anything specific you want for your children? I like to ask that of all those who come to me."
word count: 134
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Protect was thankful for the patient stag, truly! He was sure others out there might not be as patient and understanding. He did as instructed and he took a deep breath, letting it out slowly feeling a little calmer. Marginally.

There was a pleased smile at the remark on the crane feathers. It'd been worth the trade to get them for this moment, truly! There was a moment of hesitation from him when he was asked about anything specific. There had been but it was gone in the wind thanks his brief little moment there. Still...

"Maybe... just that they're all healthy and happy. I'd had something else I'd planned to ask for, but... I admit I completely forgot what it was. So I guess it wasn't that important in the end. But being happy and healthy... that feels important."  he hoped it was the right thing to ask for in the end. There was a moment of thought and a quiet "Does it get easier? My part in all this I mean? I hope I don't feel like a complete scatterbrained mess every time..." he gave a soft laugh. "Or is it just because it's my first time? I figure you do this a lot so..." who better to ask?
word count: 218
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

He chuckled, kindly, "Each clutch is a new experience. The first may be more nerve-wracking but the second makes you think of all the things you might do different. There is always something more to learn."

With a nod, "Happy and healthiness are quite important, yes. Your little ones will be happy and healthy and always know that they are loved."

He smiled, "Will that do?"
word count: 67
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

The buck listened to the wise words of advice, a nod of his head given in understanding. "It makes sense, thank you!" it was very good information to have going forward.

He made a pleased note at the blessing and nodded his head up and down vigorously. "Yes, thank you so much!" he gave a broad smile. "I really appreciate it, thank you for taking the time to help me. I should go and get back to her. Excuse me."

Protect was anxious to return and make sure everything was okay, and to tell her the good news. He turned to return the way he'd come, and paused to look over his shoulder at the stag. "Have a great day, enjoy the feathers!" and he was off at a decent speed, the faster he got back, the better in his opinion.

(thanks again ane! Also love his mini bear form so. cute!)
word count: 153