[B] Midwinter Blessings (Honorable Harvest x Dusk Wave)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,458.14 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Honorable Harvest wasn't sure what to think when he saw Spellbreaker again and she was...different. Sure, he knew about the birds and the bees and how that related to what they'd been up to. And, yes, the last time he went home, it was to welcome in his new siblings into the world. At his mother's request, of course. The thought of his mother made his chest squeeze a bit. There was no way he was going to ask her what to do! He was an adult, a buck on his own, and he would figure this out. Yup. For sure.

After getting together some extra soft bedding and extra snacks for Spellbreaker, Honorable Harvest set out into the Swamp again with another purpose. He knew, probably more than most young bucks, about what to do when there were foals on the way. His mother loved being a mother, and being motherly. Her figure in his mind's eye kept him moving faster. And, what he did know, is that there were kin in the Swamp that would give their babies a better chance at survival. Given the way things had been going, between the strange light and shadows and the memory-warping experiences kin were having in them, he could use all the help he could get.

Soon enough, he was trotting to a more secluded part of the Swamp. Better to have this conversation in private than where many kin could interrupt. A large cluster of juniper berries dangled from the branch in his mouth. Once he found a proper spot, he set the berries down on a smooth rock and looked around.

"Hello?"

Now that it was the time to speak up, he felt unsure. He knew that when there was a kin in his position, the Mares and Stags of the swamp knew somehow. Beyond that, though, he wasn't sure what to expect.
Last edited by lilacfishie on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 322
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 639.12 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Midwinter Blessings (Honorable Harvest x ???)

Post by peanutbutter »

It was generally easier to travel through the swamp as a crane, Dusk had found. Flight made the long distances easier to manage, made getting back to the Cres much nicer than before, and had the addition of just being rather pleasant as a sensation. He was making his way back to the Cres as it was, wind ruffling his feathers, when he felt a tug. It was unconscious, almost, the way his path slowly drifted down, until he found himself landing in the swamp.

He shuffled through the brush for a moment, until - there it was. A zikwa, and a rather nice cluster of berries on a nearby rock. He let himself miss the silence he had, and then there was stag where had previously been a bird.

"Hello," Dusk offered, because he was still somewhat polite. He didn't offer much further, instead gazing upon the zikwa expectantly.
lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 152
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Honorable Harvest heard the rustling, and hoped with all his little body that it was someone coming to help him and not a crocodile coming to eat him whole. His shoulders relaxed when a crane with bright, glowing eyes stepped out. A small, rounded ear flicked as he tried to determine what this strange crane wanted. He was reminded of the berries placed gently on the rock beside him, and wondered if the crane could smell them. Before he could ponder more about it, the crane...changed. Suddenly, a Stag stood before him wit the same bright, glowing eyes.

He met the Stag's greeting with a polite nod. His little stem nub tail swished a little in excitement. This was the first time he'd seen a Legendary Kin up close! For a moment, he was distracted from the whole purpose of calling the Stag here. Clearing his through, his ears pinned in sheepishness for a moment as he looked up at the much taller Stag.

"I don't really know how this is supposed to go," he started, "But I am Honorable Harvest and I need your help. Er, well, my mate and the babies she is carrying need your help that I am asking for." Carefully, Honorable Harvest dipped his head low and gently brushed the cluster of berries with his nose. "Midwinter means that a lot of the food has been picked and stowed away, but I managed to find these. I offer them to you in exchange for your blessing."
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 257
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

This was going well, Dusk thought with a small amount of pleasure. It wasn't as awkward as some had been - a few times he had been too quiet, or maybe too overbearing, or whatever number of things. The zikwa at least wasn't afraid of him, which was the bare minimum that he went for. It was awkward to bless someone who thought he was some impossible, mighty thing.

He gave a gentle nod at the introduction, giving the berries another glance. "I see," He replied, touched by the effort of the gift. He would bless with or without a gift, but it was always nice whenever they brought one. It felt like he was doing much more than a simple blessing, and it never failed to give him a pleasant memory.

He realized that he might've been staring at the berries for a moment too long in thought.

"Thank you," Dusk added, focusing back on the task at hand. "I am Dusk Wave." He gave Honorable Harvest a considering look, sliding back into thought. Sometimes, he could figure out what to bless for from the way the other kin looked, or talked, but this was a bit more of a mystery to him. Directly asking would be best then.

"What do you wish for in your children?"
lilacfishie wrote: he's sooo awkward thank u for this
word count: 230
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Honorable Harvest felt a little more relaxed that Dusk Wave introduced himself and wasn't keen on leaving, uninterested in the offering her brought or the request he had. At least, the Stag didn't seem to want that. The young zikwa shifted and nodded at his thanks. He didn't know anyone who could deny tasty juniper berries.

Dusk Wave's question did catch him a little off guard. He didn't know much about the mysterious ritual of getting a blessing from Legendary Kin. What did he want for his children? What did his mother ask for him? This was all so new. His ears twitched while he was deep in thought. When his mind was made up, he took a deep breath before meeting the Stag's eyes again.

"I wish for them to be safe and whole. I wish for them to have discernment," he starts, his words full of conviction but delivered quickly with anxiety. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "And, I wish for them to always know their way home."
peanutbutter wrote:Thank youuuuu he's just a little guy who Does Not need his mom but might need his mom
word count: 204
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk was well versed in being patient - he simply took his time to consider what he wanted to do with the juniper berries as the other buck pondered what Dusk had asked. A snack for now, or a snack for later? Still, it wasn't long before Honorable Harvest had his answer, and Dusk cracked a small smile at the last request. To always know their way home indeed. He could most certainly relate.

It took him a moment to string the words together - blessings were important, and he wanted the words to match the feeling - but it wasn't long until he had what he wanted.

"I bless your children to be healthy, hearty, and to have keen judgement for their path in life and to know their path home. And for you yourself to have safe travels."

With that, Dusk gave a little nod, and then once again was a crane. He bobbled his way over to the rock, picked up the branch of berries in his beak (free berries were free berries), and then launched himself back to the sky and onward to the Cres - his job, as far as he was certain, was complete.
lilacfishie wrote:<33 congrats u survived encounter with The Most Awkward Dude
word count: 210