[B] Color Me Surprised [Swirling Colors/Tidal Terror]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 759.08 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

He found himself along the hillside border. He had to take his descent slowly, mashing around the icy slush of winter that had not quite melted as spring warmed the land.

As he understood it, the kin of legend lived closer towards the heart of the swamp. So that was where he must go. He could only hope that the children would not be born before his return.

He felt aimless, but pressed on like an honorable totoma should. He just wished he had some sense of direction, some understanding of the process. What would a legendary even look like, he had to wonder.
word count: 104
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Tidal Terror could feel the season's changes in her bones. While each day was a bit warmer, and the snow was shifting to sleet then rain, she could feel the trees budding and flowers emerging before the first sign of blooming plant life.

And so, she relaxed a little bit. No longer did she feel like she had to rush through the winter weather to bless expecting parents.

But her work was never done. Spring brought more kin out of their dens, and so she did not expect to really rest for a while longer.

After seasons as a legendary, it felt like a satisfying routine.

And, there it was again. That feeling. Someone needed her aid.

She wandered out from the swamp, towards the edge of the wetter side. She gazed out. Someone needed her who was out closer to the mountains.... It had been a few moons since she came out this way.

Unsurprising, then, to see a totoma in the distance.

"Hail and well-met!" she called out.
word count: 172
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

He spotted a blue totoma on the horizon. Strange to see a lone traveler this way, but it wasn't his place to question it.

"Greetings!" he responded. "Your coat does not appear as thick as a mountain totoma. Do you live in the swamp? If so, would you know where to find any legendary kin?"
word count: 56
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

She could not help but laugh at how direct the other kin was. Definitely not a totoma who lived among other sorts of kin... She supposed she missed that kind of forwardness.

"Ah, yes. I have lived in the swamp for long enough to have lost my winter coat, I suppose. And you look like you will be rather warm if you are headed that way, my friend!"

But the pace of his march and his questions made it clear what he was after. If he was in a hurry, she didn't want to keep him long or make him go on a wild goose chase.

"I would know what a legendary kin is... Because I am one, friend! I am Tidal Terror, and I am at your service."
word count: 130
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

He blinked.

He blinked again.

"Oh."

He blinked once more.

"I did not realize....a totoma could be chosen by the swamp in such a way."

He shuffled his hooves a little bit. Should he show deference? Should he honor her with a show of strength? He heard that kin are supposed to bring tribute, but he thought he would get a chance to peruse the swamp first.

In short, Swirling Colors found himself quite out of sorts.
word count: 78
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Tidal Terror laughed once more.

"Totoma as just as much children of the Motherfather as anyone else! I am not the first totoma, and I am not the last to be blessed by them. Please, let me give you what you're looking for! I am sure you don't want to spend more time than you have to out here."
word count: 61
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

"Ah... Well... I see. Yes. Then. Ah-" he cleared his throat.

"I am Swirling Colors, and I have come to seek your blessing. We would like for our children to be strong, or... Well. I would like for them to be strong, I suppose."
word count: 44
Image Image
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

"Well-met once more, Swirling Colors!"

Not a name created by deed... Perhaps more totoma were finding names through dreams than she thought. Interesting how things change. Perhaps this showed how unified kin were becoming these days.

"Strong children... I understand. May you have strong children like the tulips that weather the false springs and the mid-season storms. And may they be strong enough to humble themselves like their father."

With that, she touched her forehelm to the other totoma's.

Then she pulled back, and nodded.

It was done, and she would be on her way.

Tidal Terror shifted from the form of totoma to turtle and started to shuffle her way off into the distance.
word count: 118
Image Image